Author Topic: 1 month in ........  (Read 9818 times)

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
Re: 1 month in ........
« Reply #20 on: 20 October 2017, 07:15 »
My good mate has both fitted to his vrs, its 184 hp like the gtd and now is just as fast as my gti pp, but before you consider the tuning box I would recommend trying the pedal box first, it wakes the car up and if you do have a light foot you wont believe the difference it will make to the drive of your gtd, the tuning box can still be added at a later date if required. :smiley:
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 20 October 2017, 07:50 »
My good mate has both fitted to his vrs, its 184 hp like the gtd and now is just as fast as my gti pp, but before you consider the tuning box I would recommend trying the pedal box first, it wakes the car up and if you do have a light foot you wont believe the difference it will make to the drive of your gtd, the tuning box can still be added at a later date if required. :smiley:

Thanks all shall order one today are they easy enough to fit ?

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 20 October 2017, 08:07 »
There are 2 kinds any advice on which one ? X

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 20 October 2017, 08:10 »
Reading this thread from the start, I think that the OP has not got used to the gear ratios and torque delivery of the diesel yet. A pedal box won't make any difference to any of that.

OP seems to be running out of revs in the lower gears, so needs to short shift and ride the wave of torque, rather than hang onto the gears to the redline. It's easily done in the lower gears, especially if you are used to driving a petrol. Most situations are dealt with in a gear higher that you would in a petrol engined car, so take more time to learn how to drive it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 20 October 2017, 08:22 »
The pedal box plus is a later model with more adjustments, recommended.
Use code RF20 for £10 discount.
Fitting although basically easy can be awkward depending on your nimbleness there are picture links on here as well as step by step advice.  Basically you disconnect the fitting above the throttle pedal and insert the connections between the vacant connections
I would recommend city mode first and adjust to sport? As you get used to it.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 20 October 2017, 09:24 »
Reading this thread from the start, I think that the OP has not got used to the gear ratios and torque delivery of the diesel yet. A pedal box won't make any difference to any of that.

OP seems to be running out of revs in the lower gears, so needs to short shift and ride the wave of torque, rather than hang onto the gears to the redline. It's easily done in the lower gears, especially if you are used to driving a petrol. Most situations are dealt with in a gear higher that you would in a petrol engined car, so take more time to learn how to drive it.

My previous car was a Cooper SD it had no lag in 1st and 2nd and bolted when asked to the golf is very different i agree i am getting used to short shifts in 1 and 2 - its a case of altering the drive style from past 3 years with the mini to something different but i am off to order the pedal box as Rebecca and others recommended it before and it gets lots of great reviews thanks for your advice  :wink:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 20 October 2017, 09:25 »
Fitting although basically easy can be awkward depending on your nimbleness there are picture links on here as well as step by step advice.  Basically you disconnect the fitting above the throttle pedal and insert the connections between the vacant connections

Many thanks for the code CHB100 i will order the newer version it looks nicer anyway  :grin:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 20 October 2017, 09:31 »

Codes not working :( never mind thanks anyway x

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 20 October 2017, 10:27 »
That's why I like a DSG on diesel models. With the relatively limited rev and power band, in 1st and 2nd it's quite easy when making a quick getaway to run our of revs or hit the rev limiter. With a DSG box, you just plant the throttle and let the car take care of it, with lightening quick gear changes. Over my last 3 VW diesels, (one Scirocco and two MK7 GTD's), they have all been DSG, and I wouldn't go back to a manual now, except maybe in a petrol engine sports or hot hatch vehicle.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 20 October 2017, 11:39 »
https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/product/dtuk-crd-t-dual-channel-fuel-and-boost-system-1909/

Been chatting with Simon at DTUK and he has recomended this any thoughts ?

Course he did, it's more than twice the price.  :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17