Author Topic: New Owner  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
New Owner
« on: 11 October 2017, 14:15 »
Hi All,
I've just ordered a 7.5 GTD in Issac Blue, it gets delivered on Nov 2nd. I've had a CL previously back in the 90's so looking forward to the improved ride  :smiley:

Is there any stuff I shoud be aware of?

Thanks in Advance
TR
« Last Edit: 13 October 2017, 13:00 by Tricky Red »

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
Re: New Owner
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2017, 13:56 »
Well she arrived yesterday!
Gotta say, love the colour to bits, just the right balance between nice and bad!

First impressions:
Feels so planted and bags of torque as expected, my 15 Year old loves it too, says he was seduced by the 'Apps' function  :undecided:

Spent £70 in Halfords on all the Meguires kit, looking forward to the weekend and spending some quality time getting to know her intimately.

Alloy's scare me to death as in look really vulnerable to kerbing, I'll be parking it like it's abondoned!

Cheers
TR

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2017, 15:13 »
Congratulations on your new car Tricky Red. Be sure to post some pictures up in the mk7 section of the forum. There’s lots of friendly banter and useful information shared in the mk7 section too.

If you’re into keeping your car looking spick and span, you’ll also get lots of useful advice and tips in the Detailing section.

Look forward to seeing your car! :smiley:

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2017, 22:44 »
Well she arrived yesterday!
Gotta say, love the colour to bits, just the right balance between nice and bad!

First impressions:
Feels so planted and bags of torque as expected, my 15 Year old loves it too, says he was seduced by the 'Apps' function  :undecided:

Spent £70 in Halfords on all the Meguires kit, looking forward to the weekend and spending some quality time getting to know her intimately.

Alloy's scare me to death as in look really vulnerable to kerbing, I'll be parking it like it's abondoned!

Cheers
TR

You must have went for the Brescias or Santiagos?.Isaac blue is the best colour for the car.I used to call the shade 'gunmetal blue' or 'steel blue'.Wondered why VW had never painted one in that colour and then they did!. :cool:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2017, 15:21 »
Thanks for the tips SRG,
If I clck on the attachments and other options button it doesn't do anything, Is there a guide on the forum for loading pics?

Cheers in advance TR

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2017, 20:11 »
If you want to post pictures, you’ll first need to upload your pictures to an image hosting website such as Postimage or Flickr - many forum members used to use Photobucket but they no longer offer free image hosting. I use Postimage, which is simple to use.

Once you’ve uploaded your pictures to your chosen image hosting website, copy the url links for the pictures you want to show on the forum (on Postimage, it’s the ‘hotlines for forums’ url link you want) and paste the links into the text of your post and your pictures will be displayed in your post.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2017, 09:49 »
Cheers SRG, I'm on Dropbox so I'll give it a whirl!

TR