Author Topic: Who's put a Stage 1 on a Clubsport?  (Read 11623 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Re: Who's put a Stage 1 on a Clubsport?
« Reply #30 on: 27 September 2017, 23:28 »
I've not personally but a guy at my work has apr stage 1 software with r600 intake and he got 385bhp

Cool, so I'm not the only one then... Obviously I knew that just wondering how many admitted it...

May I ask, manual or DSG?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #31 on: 12 October 2017, 14:00 »
I've not personally but a guy at my work has apr stage 1 software with r600 intake and he got 385bhp

Cool, so I'm not the only one then... Obviously I knew that just wondering how many admitted it...

May I ask, manual or DSG?

Rwleigh, couple of questions: 1) Did you have the over-boost function deleted or not? 2) Have you done any data-logging of the remap? Wanting to cross-check some mixture values vs a full remap like REVO.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 12 October 2017, 16:39 »
scanesare, are you running your JB1 with the default 4.8 Map 1 setting or have you upped it to 5?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #33 on: 12 October 2017, 20:04 »
scanesare, are you running your JB1 with the default 4.8 Map 1 setting or have you upped it to 5?

I have now switched to JB4 where Map 1 is +4 psi and Map 2 +5.6 psi but I am trying to set up Map 6 that works on absolute boost and completely bypasses over-boost. However it seems it's a bit complicated.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 12 October 2017, 20:50 »

I have now switched to JB4 where Map 1 is +4 psi and Map 2 +5.6 psi but I am trying to set up Map 6 that works on absolute boost and completely bypasses over-boost. However it seems it's a bit complicated.

Have you asked for a step by step instruction from George at Burgersport?  He really helpful when members ask questions on the R Forum.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #35 on: 13 October 2017, 09:13 »

Have you asked for a step by step instruction from George at Burgersport?  He really helpful when members ask questions on the R Forum.

Yep, we've been working together on this but still not satisfied with the values I get in Map 6 and wanted to compare with a remap.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #36 on: 13 October 2017, 12:37 »
Rwleigh, couple of questions: 1) Did you have the over-boost function deleted or not? 2) Have you done any data-logging of the remap? Wanting to cross-check some mixture values vs a full remap like REVO.

1) As far as I know there is no over-boost with the REVO map just whichever setting I choose with my SPS from stock 265bhp to 345bhp and 370bhp, depending on fuel used.

2) No but I'd be very interested to know how and what with to assist you if I can?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #37 on: 13 October 2017, 13:15 »

1) As far as I know there is no over-boost with the REVO map just whichever setting I choose with my SPS from stock 265bhp to 345bhp and 370bhp, depending on fuel used.

2) No but I'd be very interested to know how and what with to assist you if I can?

Good that the over-boost is gone, it's only complicating things esp. when you tune. Well, if you have any sort of data logging equipment (VCDS or JB4 (you probably don't need that  :smiley:) or OBDEleven although not sure how easy it is to data log with OBDEleven) it could be all that I need. A couple of pulls in 3rd and 4th gear logged, so that I can compare values and see what happens in other tunes.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #38 on: 13 October 2017, 13:30 »

Good that the over-boost is gone, it's only complicating things esp. when you tune. Well, if you have any sort of data logging equipment (VCDS or JB4 (you probably don't need that  :smiley:) or OBDEleven although not sure how easy it is to data log with OBDEleven) it could be all that I need. A couple of pulls in 3rd and 4th gear logged, so that I can compare values and see what happens in other tunes.

An OBDeleven I do have, never done data  logging with it but I assume this is what you need?

https://youtu.be/w818pgcE1-0

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #39 on: 13 October 2017, 14:30 »

An OBDeleven I do have, never done data  logging with it but I assume this is what you need?

https://youtu.be/w818pgcE1-0

Yes I had seen that video but I'm not sure it's enough to figure out all the values one would like to log. For starters, he directly enters some channels that correspond to actual/requested boost but what about the rest of the values? I see no mention of how you can log other stuff (unless it's easy to google them).

For my case I'm mostly interested in the AFR and Boost values. Doing a pull in 3rd gear from 2K down all the way up to the end of 3rd gear and into 4th would be a good place to start from as I want to see what AFRs REVO runs in this car.

If you feel like trying to log those then you are absolutely welcome and would be doing me a great favor in fact.  :wink: