Author Topic: Led GTI style headlights  (Read 10250 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Led GTI style headlights
« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2017, 12:19 »
Interestingly, I have just bought an Amarok with factory xenons. That has neither washers or auto leveling. I asked the dealer about this, and apparently commercial vehicles don't need them. That seems a bit odd considering the height of the lights would be more prone to dazzling.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Frederikkneer

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2017, 09:30 »
I think I have found the headlights I want..!!

Just need to find a place that sells these

Just posted a new thread. I have been in contact with a reseller in Germany and he said the headlights will be available for RHD sometime in September. Also he will be the first one!

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=280962.0

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2017, 08:04 »
Can you tell is the name of the reseller?
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Frederikkneer

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2017, 13:41 »
Can you tell is the name of the reseller?

www.lightistransformation.com/shop

It's a german website and a certified reseller.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 13 August 2017, 15:38 »
Hi guys

I was looking into what options there are to get the later GTI style headlights with the LED DRLs

I have found this:
http://www.hzperformance.com/index.php/body-kits/vw/golf/mk6/vw-golf-mk6-projector-led-headlights-352.html

Has anyone bought these before? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

Curious about these lights. Now that Xenonzuk have stopped producing theirs, is there another manufacturer/seller of replica MK6 xenons that people have any experience with? I know that Xenonzuk ones were well regarded in terms of quality and light output/beam pattern.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 14 August 2017, 16:15 »
I would think these are better compared to the Xenonzuk versions as they are made by Osram themselves.

Don't Osram make headlights for many OEMs? The only difference between the MK6 factory lights are these ones contain a smaller bulb (25W) to get round the washer/level regulations.
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2017, 11:25 »
I would think these are better compared to the Xenonzuk versions as they are made by Osram themselves.

Don't Osram make headlights for many OEMs? The only difference between the MK6 factory lights are these ones contain a smaller bulb (25W) to get round the washer/level regulations.

Sorry, I was referencing the Mk6 style lights in the first post. I'm not keen on the Mk7 style headlights tbh.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive