Author Topic: VP bilberry wheel cleaner  (Read 14159 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: VP bilberry wheel cleaner
« Reply #20 on: 20 September 2017, 17:03 »
sorry for opening an old thread but i have diamond cuts on mine can i use the Bilberry Cleaner on them DH is having a panic saying i cant  :undecided:

Husband is wrong.  Bilberry is gone to use on diamond cut alloys. Is a non acidic wheel cleaner so not harsh like some wheel cleaners. Best used at a dilution ratio of 1 part Bilberry to 10 parts water, or 1:8.

Super thanks Rebecca...im right with the name eh ?  :grin:

Any recommendations on a sealant for after ? have poorboys but dont like it much

Yep, that's my name.

I use Gtechniq C2v3 on mine and top it up monthly. You can get coatings such as Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour, Gyeon Q2 RIM, and CarPro DLUX.  These are all ceramic style coatings which are best applied to wheels whilst off the car and need to cure.  They last months and months. So that's an option.  I personally prefer to seal mine monthly and C2v3 does a great job.  If you decide to get Sonax BSD as per the other thread, then that would be great for wheels too.

Rebecca where do you get your Gtechniq from ?

Jeni, I buy the majority of my detailing stuff online from Cleanyourcar.  Try discount code DW05 for a bit of discount.   Other online places I use are Ultimate Finish; Polished Bliss, Slims Detailing.  Also buy some bits from Amazon. 

And forgot to answer your other question :  yes C2v3 can be applied straight onto (clean) wheels on the car. It really easy stuff - spray on, leave a few mins, buff off. 2 coats best and will last up to 6 weeks.  Also great on glass too and of course for paintwork, but I prefer waxes to nano sealants on black cars.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 20 September 2017, 20:16 »
sorry for opening an old thread but i have diamond cuts on mine can i use the Bilberry Cleaner on them DH is having a panic saying i cant  :undecided:

Husband is wrong.  Bilberry is gone to use on diamond cut alloys. Is a non acidic wheel cleaner so not harsh like some wheel cleaners. Best used at a dilution ratio of 1 part Bilberry to 10 parts water, or 1:8.

Super thanks Rebecca...im right with the name eh ?  :grin:

Any recommendations on a sealant for after ? have poorboys but dont like it much

Yep, that's my name.

I use Gtechniq C2v3 on mine and top it up monthly. You can get coatings such as Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour, Gyeon Q2 RIM, and CarPro DLUX.  These are all ceramic style coatings which are best applied to wheels whilst off the car and need to cure.  They last months and months. So that's an option.  I personally prefer to seal mine monthly and C2v3 does a great job.  If you decide to get Sonax BSD as per the other thread, then that would be great for wheels too.

Rebecca where do you get your Gtechniq from ?

Jeni, I buy the majority of my detailing stuff online from Cleanyourcar.  Try discount code DW05 for a bit of discount.   Other online places I use are Ultimate Finish; Polished Bliss, Slims Detailing.  Also buy some bits from Amazon. 

And forgot to answer your other question :  yes C2v3 can be applied straight onto (clean) wheels on the car. It really easy stuff - spray on, leave a few mins, buff off. 2 coats best and will last up to 6 weeks.  Also great on glass too and of course for paintwork, but I prefer waxes to nano sealants on black cars.

On slims Detailing and they have the gtechniq 500ml bottle for £19.50  -how long will that bottle last roughly ? Jeni x

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 20 September 2017, 22:59 »
^^ It depends what you use it on, and how often.  Whole car, glass and wheels?  Or just select things?  Either way 500ml will last a fair while.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2017, 10:38 »
^^ It depends what you use it on, and how often.  Whole car, glass and wheels?  Or just select things?  Either way 500ml will last a fair while.

Hi Rebecca, just on the wheels  :smiley:

Spent £78 on slims detailing site last nite...........most girls spend money on MAC or Loreal.........i choose to break my bank on car interior detailing............ :rolleyes:

Bought this for the bodywork..........have you tried it ?

This was the order...........i had to step away from the computer  :evil:

Auto Finesse Revive - Trim Gel (250ml)   
Auto Finesse Spritz Interior Detailer
Auto Finesse Avalanche Snow Foam
Gtechniq C2 v3 Liquid Crystal Spray Sealant (500ml)   
Slim's Sudder Upper Deep Pile Wash Mitt   
Auto Finesse Aqua Coat   
Auto Finesse Crystal Glass & Mirror Cleaner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 21 September 2017, 13:19 »

Spent £78 on slims detailing site last nite...........most girls spend money on MAC or Loreal.........i choose to break my bank on car interior detailing............ :rolleyes:

Auto Finesse Aqua Coat   

It'll last ages then.   It's still make-up......just for the car!  :laugh:  I'm a MAC and Benefit girl.  :wink:

Nope, not tried that. 

Nice order. :smiley:  And yes you were right to run away from the computer. But it's not over.......just have your salary paid directly to Slims from this point on.  :grin:
« Last Edit: 21 September 2017, 13:21 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 21 September 2017, 16:14 »

Auto Finesse Aqua Coat   

It'll last ages then.   It's still make-up......just for the car!  :laugh:  I'm a MAC and Benefit girl.  :wink:

Nope, not tried that. 

Nice order. :smiley:  And yes you were right to run away from the computer. But it's not over.......just have your salary paid directly to Slims from this point on.  :grin:

:grin:

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 14 November 2017, 22:10 »
Yep, that's my name.

Can I just ask about the C5... I can't remember where or when I read this but I'm sure there was some comment about a Gtechniq wheel product that you couldn't use on machined/diamond cut wheels if they were to be exposed to salted road etc. Does that ring any bells? I like the idea of a ceramic coating to help protect the gloss black parts and make cleaning easier, C5 sounds like a good deal.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 14 November 2017, 22:17 »
Sounds like misunderstanding the Gtechniq application info :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 14 November 2017, 23:04 »
Yep, that's my name.

Can I just ask about the C5... I can't remember where or when I read this but I'm sure there was some comment about a Gtechniq wheel product that you couldn't use on machined/diamond cut wheels if they were to be exposed to salted road etc. Does that ring any bells? I like the idea of a ceramic coating to help protect the gloss black parts and make cleaning easier, C5 sounds like a good deal.

No, no bells ringing.  Not heard that at all.  Plenty of people use C5 on diamond cut wheels and all wheels are exposed to salt in the winter months. 

Lots of people rate Gyeon Q2 RIM over Gtechniq C5 so take a look at that too.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 15 November 2017, 21:11 »
Thanks for clearing things up and the recommendation, I feel a shopping list coming on  :smiley: