Author Topic: Bora V5 - MOT Passed, Headlights Sorted. Kinda.  (Read 23183 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
    • pixelements
Re: Bora V5 - "I'm Back, I'm Back"
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2013, 22:52 »
Hey!!! I didn't buy a 1.6!!!  :angry: I got the mighty 2.0 petrol  :sick: :whistle:.

On another note, everyone said "you'll be back" but since getting the bora I haven't looked back. I'd like a v5 or v6 bora, but the £400 2ltr will do me, as I passed my bike test and bort a brand new bike :afro:

That's just as bad mate.  :grin:

I am in the same position as you I think. I loved the Anni but this is just something nicer. Nicer place to be and more comfortable.

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2013, 22:57 »
Yh I know lol, but can't complain at 400 notes, it's a daily slag that hasn't been washed in months, apart from having to check the oil now and then, had no problems with it. Yours looks pretty nice!! See you got the nice colour of blue too! Yh I do still love mk3s but these are a much nicer place to sit and a much smoother ride. I woulda liked to of kept the valver but that's life.
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • MK5 Golf Gti
    • Air fitted by OCD
« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2013, 23:01 »
The mk4 is a much nicer place to be than the mk3, it's just a never ending money pit...mine is anyway :grin:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
    • pixelements
« Reply #13 on: 17 October 2013, 23:13 »
Yh I know lol, but can't complain at 400 notes, it's a daily slag that hasn't been washed in months, apart from having to check the oil now and then, had no problems with it. Yours looks pretty nice!! See you got the nice colour of blue too! Yh I do still love mk3s but these are a much nicer place to sit and a much smoother ride. I woulda liked to of kept the valver but that's life.

This was not more than £1000 and the spec it is I am well chuffed with it. I will be keeping it clean mind you, the blue paint needs to shine as it's so nice! Don't really see many Boras round my way especially not in this colour.

The mk4 is a much nicer place to be than the mk3, it's just a never ending money pit...mine is anyway :grin:

I'm currently searching the webz for suspension, could be getting some 17" alloys on the weekend too (just a temporary set as 16s look far too small).

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #14 on: 17 October 2013, 23:55 »
Looks a tidy car, Bora's always look better with a drop and bigger wheels.

V5 will drink fuel however plus the 150bhp had a few engine issues which was put right with the 170.
Quote from: Diamond Hell
You suck at buying cars, please take the pointy D hat from Wayne and go sit in the corner.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
    • pixelements
« Reply #15 on: 18 October 2013, 00:07 »
Thanks. I had done a decent amount of research on the car before buying it and heard multiple reports of bad things, but likewise, others commended the engine just as much. From what I can gather, this one is a good'un and I hope it stays that way. :afro:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #16 on: 18 October 2013, 00:15 »
Thanks. I had done a decent amount of research on the car before buying it and heard multiple reports of bad things, but likewise, others commended the engine just as much. From what I can gather, this one is a good'un and I hope it stays that way. :afro:

73k is nice low miles at the end of the day and no matter which way you look at it, it is a lot of car for the money.
Quote from: Diamond Hell
You suck at buying cars, please take the pointy D hat from Wayne and go sit in the corner.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
    • pixelements
« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2013, 01:50 »
Started wrapping some of the interior trim in matte black vinyl tonight. Got a bit of brushed as well, I will post a pic when it's all done, tomorrow hopefully.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
    • pixelements
« Reply #18 on: 19 October 2013, 15:47 »
It begins!

Matte black vinyl and brushed ali vinyl.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 19 October 2013, 19:24 »
Looks good.

No ESP/ASR button?

Down Hill From Here.