Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1158348 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2970 on: 15 August 2018, 19:43 »
Don't think so which is why VW UK are quoting 30 weeks for a factory build at the minute.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2971 on: 15 August 2018, 20:20 »
Thanks for the response mcmaddy.  i must admit i have been used to Audi for the last 15 years but they are just the same, and so i then considered a Honda Civic TR but hey, they are in the same boat. I will just have to be patient.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2972 on: 15 August 2018, 20:35 »
WLTP has been a nightmare for manufacturers, VW has already delayed MY2019 from week 22 to week 31, added to which the factory shutdown is usually around now just to compound matters.

But if you're not fussy about trim / extras there may be some bargains to be had on whatever remaining stock cars there are that can't be sold as new after the end of the month.
7.5 GTD

Offline Spadam

• Just got here
« Reply #2973 on: 17 August 2018, 12:11 »
Hi all

New here
Just ordered my Golf GTI PP yesterday and have been advised 18-26 week lead time.

Not to fussed as own my current car but hoping i dont have to wait 30 weeks.

Offline DaBaws

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2974 on: 18 August 2018, 12:13 »
I have ordered mine yesterday as a lease from National Vehicle Solutions who have advised a 12 week lead time? they did say its a factory order

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2975 on: 18 August 2018, 13:03 »
I have ordered mine yesterday as a lease from National Vehicle Solutions who have advised a 12 week lead time? they did say its a factory order

Ignoring WLTP type approval, 12 weeks for a factory order is probably realistic. However, according to VW’s website, only the new Touareg and certain models of the up! and T-Roc currently have WLTP type approval. Any Golfs built from now on will be 2019 model year, and need to be WLTP type approved.

So, I’d say 12 week lead time for a factory order (2019 model) looks unlikely if the Golf GTI PP hasn’t yet been WLTP type approved. There may be unsold 2018 model year stock in the UK, but these will be pre-WLTP type approved cars that need to have been registered by now - I think the registration deadline date was 15th August.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2976 on: 22 August 2018, 08:56 »
hi all, quick question. do we need to leave sd card 1 in for the updated maps to work in the sat nav?  thanks :)

Offline Madpig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2977 on: 22 August 2018, 17:49 »
Don't think so which is why VW UK are quoting 30 weeks for a factory build at the minute.

My dealer told me on Monday that the VW plant is shut now until 27th September and the car I had in mind will be a further 18-20 weeks delivery after that which puts me well and truly out of the equation now as that would mean mid February at best. The PCP on my current car expires in December so I'm royally stuffed as I need a car to get to work. Had it been a VW I suspect that wouldn't have been a problem but as it's a Ford (and a part exchange) it would have to go by the end of December.
So, thanks for all your help in the very short time that I have been a visitor and good luck to everyone else waiting for their cars.
Guess I will have to stick with Ford after all even though I'd pretty much set my heart on the GTI performance.

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2978 on: 22 August 2018, 18:25 »

My dealer told me on Monday that the VW plant is shut now until 27th September and the car I had in mind will be a further 18-20 weeks delivery after that which puts me well and truly out of the equation now as that would mean mid February at best. The PCP on my current car expires in December so I'm royally stuffed as I need a car to get to work. Had it been a VW I suspect that wouldn't have been a problem but as it's a Ford (and a part exchange) it would have to go by the end of December.
So, thanks for all your help in the very short time that I have been a visitor and good luck to everyone else waiting for their cars.
Guess I will have to stick with Ford after all even though I'd pretty much set my heart on the GTI performance.

Have you looked via Carwow or similar? I set up quote thing via Carwow last week and they showed a few GTI PPs available immediately, as they are dealer stock orders etc. I bought mine that way a couple of months ago, and bought onVW PCP with the incentives they offered at the time etc.

You may not get the extact spec you'd want; but could be in one quickly?
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline Madpig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2979 on: 22 August 2018, 19:00 »

Have you looked via Carwow or similar? I set up quote thing via Carwow last week and they showed a few GTI PPs available immediately, as they are dealer stock orders etc. I bought mine that way a couple of months ago, and bought onVW PCP with the incentives they offered at the time etc.

You may not get the extact spec you'd want; but could be in one quickly?

Yes, I had checked Carwow but there was nothing I really wanted hence why I went to my local dealer.

I’ll call in and see him at the weekend as it’s only fair to put him in the picture as well as he’s been really good. Maybe he will be able to think of something but I’m not holding my breath.....

Mind you, he has a couple of DSG R models in stock but they are even dearer than the factory GTI I wanted plus they have one main fault.....ie automatic! :sad: