Author Topic: polo 9n on m3 rims and kitted out... written off :(  (Read 60872 times)

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
so as above i decided on a 1.4tdi polo as it was in my price range and was cheap to insure and run and it obviously had to be a vdub, was a real head over heart buy! my bank balance had had enough of running my mk2 golf gti as a daily averaging about 30mpg :)

however saying that i can't be running a daily that doesn't look half decent  :grin: so the first thing i did was to colour code the awful front and rear valance, and all the bump strips and door handles

here she is all colour coded and cleaned up, i think it's a serious improvement over standard

i have also got hold of some bora sport alloys for the princely sum of £55  :grin: i have refurbed them in bmw sparkling graphite and have been fitted with new vw centres, i have also got a set of 165/50/16s ready to go on for a bit of stretch (about as much as you're gonna get on a 6.5j rim aha)

fillered and primered

end result :cool:

got some pressed plates and 100w bulbs on order atm and then i'll be selling the original wheels to fund some coilys and then she will be spaced out for a proper decent stance :grin:

and here's a shot of the mk2 gti, unfortunately she got hit so waiting to get funds together to get her back looking sweet again :)

« Last Edit: 07 September 2013, 23:23 by andynorfolk »

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
Re: polo 1.4tdi, project low and really very slow
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2012, 21:11 »
this weekend me and my mate did a bit more work to the daily, fitted new pressed plates, debadged the rear, fitted a new stubby aerial and got my alloys and tyres on, also changed all the front bulbs to 100w bright white ones, only to find one of the filaments was busted on one, so guess i'll be taking the front bumper off again next week! :(

given her a good clean and wax too and she's looking just about right atm, except for the awful arch gap, never fear though, philj ta technix coilovers will be ordered this week along with shortened drop links so i can go proper low :D

anyway a few snaps :)

bumper off

cleaned up

and a couple repping the local vdub car club me and a few mates run :)

any comments welcome guys!

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2012, 21:13 »
Good looking little daily. Will be looking  :cool: lowered
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2012, 21:15 »
cheers dude, never see many 9n polos with a good stance and they never seem to sit low enough so i plan on getting it lowered and properly stanced out :D

coilovers aren't in stock until next week though so won't have the until them end of the month =/
« Last Edit: 14 May 2012, 21:17 by andynorfolk »

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2012, 21:17 »
Yh will be a bit different to the norm.

I know how you feel, been waiting for tyres for my new wheels for a while now, due to funds tho not stock
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2012, 22:11 »
yeah man i know what you mean, funds are a b*tch

hopefully get spacers sorted once it's lowered then i'm thinking about a stickerbomb vinyl roof as my mate wraps cars for a living so won't cost much :P :tongue:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2012, 10:43 »
That looks really good on those wheels will look ace lowered

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2012, 13:32 »
 :cool:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2012, 22:56 »
20mm spacers for the rear turned up today so i got on it and fitted them

coilovers and drop links should be here by the weekend so will be getting on that on saturday with my mate

then i'm gonna be getting a stage one map and some 15mm spacers for the front and that's about it i reckon :D

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2012, 17:10 »
look what turned up today  8-)

got a week off work now and hopefully my mate is coming over tomorrow so we can get them fitted!  :-D