Author Topic: New to the world of Golfs...  (Read 1619 times)

Offline -HellRaza-

• GTI forum regular
New to the world of Golfs...
« on: 23 September 2003, 16:51 »
HEY!
im a newbie to the world of golfs, as i passed my driving test 4 weeks ago, and recently bought my first car - a silver standard Mk2 1.3 and could do with sum advice from the experts on how to make it look like a mean machine. sound system is already in, its prettie lame, but it was free so im not complaining!. But need to start on modding the outside and replacing the interior with sumthing that looks half decent, ive included a list of parts i need in case u guys can quote me on bits, but could do with sum general advice on modding, and what i can stick on it that'll make it look wicked...
Anyways, thanx for takin the time to read this message, look forward to any replies....
                              Cheerz

Parts i need: (tell me if they dont exist or wateva!, and dont be mean with the quotes, i may be new, but im not stupid!!!:))
GTI arches (the plastic bits around the edge of the arches...!)
GTI grill
GTI big bumpers (front and rear)
Alloys... have to check with insurance companie on whether or not i can get sum as apparently they charge u extra..... still, advice on alloys would be cool, as im not sure wat looks good and wat doesnt...
GTI interior, or just a decent golf mk2 interior... as in seats, door panels, etc...
ive got this all written down sumwhere!, will have a look and add it on sumtime...
and if ne of u guys work for a car accesseries shop and can get me stuff like a handbrake cover and handle, gear knob etc etc cheaply, then reply to this message and ill get u a list of stuff i need so u can quote me...

Anyways, any advice would be most appreciated, look forward to any replies... Thanx

golfvr6

Re:New to the world of Golfs...
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2003, 18:56 »
The parts you require are easily available from the various parts suppliers out there. I would go for parts from GPC as they supply original parts at a fraction of the price of maindealer parts.

Try the following link

http://www.gpcvwaudi.com

I would be inclined to leave the bumpers as your gonna have to spend money on getting them sprayed up to match the car. Try a breakers yard to see if the have them in the same colour, You never know.

They will also be the best bet for the interior parts.

Good luck.

Offline modulater

• I live here
Re:New to the world of Golfs...
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2003, 20:51 »
Yeah try breakers or forums for the interiors. You could also find the wheel arches and bumpers on them.