Author Topic: Question on POI's  (Read 1902 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Question on POI's
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2021, 10:39 »
That sounds like exactly why the trap was placed where it was Sooty.... its rarely to do with actual road safety and just a money making exercise, otherwise you'd only see them camped outside of schools in the mornings or evenings...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2021, 11:29 »
Too true Fred, that was exactly my thoughts at the time, especially as there was just hedgerows for another 1/4 mile after the camera (with no junctions or houses etc.). I can accept them outside a school or in a small village where cars (and trucks) come belting though for example, or at dangerous black spots, but clearly that was nothing to do with safety - and if the car behind me had been any closer, could have actually resulted in a minor accident because of it.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2021, 13:11 »
When you go to German VW site it mentions about logging in using your VW id. You can select the golf 8 on the map update page but then it doesn't give you any options to pick mib3 unit. It's maybe something not up and running as yet and to be honest with all the software issues they are currently having map and poi updates won't be top of the list.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.