Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529333 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #580 on: 24 May 2016, 08:03 »
Your car paintwork really does have a 'liquidy' look to it Rebecca ( not sure that's a real word but I'll go with it ) :drool:

As black doesn't show off the sharp lines of the mk7 as well as some lighter colours like LSG and Reflex Silver, you have to take what you can get - so the 'liquidy' look it is!  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #581 on: 24 May 2016, 14:15 »
I've been busy on my door seals and sunroof :cool:; feels like I bought the worlds most expensive lubricant :shocked: - need to get it named on my household insurance now :grin: doesn't feel right leaving it in the garage so I'll be putting it in my safe!

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #582 on: 24 May 2016, 14:22 »
Krytox, almost as expensive as Kryptonite  :laugh:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #583 on: 24 May 2016, 15:22 »
I've been busy on my door seals and sunroof :cool:; feels like I bought the worlds most expensive lubricant :shocked: - need to get it named on my household insurance now :grin: doesn't feel right leaving it in the garage so I'll be putting it in my safe!

It's worth the money times over for silent squeak free seals.  And a little goes a long way.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #584 on: 24 May 2016, 15:47 »
You are so right Mr's B. Both cars have sunroofs and I'm giving them a bit of TLC. :smug:

Its amazing how much dirt & dust the sunroof/pano collects, the black mesh on the wind breakers was filthy :embarrassed: so I'm cleaning and greasing the mechanisim and lightly oiling the seals, hopefully they'll be running slick and smooth when I've finished :cool:
« Last Edit: 24 May 2016, 17:05 by Eccie »

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #585 on: 26 May 2016, 11:47 »
Not really detailing, just a quick wash and tyre dress.

I took it to an old school garage last week, to get it running as it should. What a difference. Since then I've driven nothing else. 300 miles of 'enjoying' it soon saw it splattered with flies, wheels caked in brake dust and looking well used. So out came the cleaning gear last night.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #586 on: 26 May 2016, 13:16 »
Very nice... now if only it had a wooden rear deck...
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #587 on: 26 May 2016, 15:41 »

That looks fantastic Simon.  Bet those wheels are a joy to clean!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #588 on: 26 May 2016, 15:50 »
Bet those wheels are a joy to clean!

They're not as bad as they look. They are well sealed, so the brake dust doesn't bond. A jet wash followed by shampoo and an old wash mitt poked in each hole soon has them spotless.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #589 on: 26 May 2016, 16:34 »
Drop dead gorgeous car dubber and good to hear it's being enjoyed again!  :cool:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive