Author Topic: Rear mirror housing issue  (Read 6650 times)

Offline Micky045

• Just got here
Rear mirror housing issue
« on: 19 July 2019, 19:37 »
Hi

Not sure if this is the right place for this, however it seems to be.

Bought my MK7 Golf (used) about 4-5 month ago and love it, however when I was cleaning the inside of the windscreen, the housing that protects the metal fixing and the wires for the rear view mirror popped off.

I've tried to attach back to where it goes and after many frustrating attempts, I managed to get it on, however the longer piece wasn't long enough and it looks like there's a section missing somewhere near the top (this wasn't noticed when I bought the car).

I've reported this to to my local VW dealership today (had my car in anyway getting a new steering rack fitted) and they said they couldn't fix it either. The lass said she'd order the part and ring me within the hour (that was about 7.5 hours ago). As I don't hold out much hope they'll ever come back to me, I'm trying to be proactive and just sort this myself. I'm hoping someone on here knows the following please:

- the correct name of the housing, so I can speak with VW directly and order the correct part.
- the product or part code.

I know it's a minor thing, however the rattling it's causing is driving me mental. I don't want to take it off as it just looks untidy.

I also intend ringing around a few local breakers/scrap yards to see if they have any MK7 Golfs in, however I'm probably clutching a bit with this.

I have some photos which I've attached below.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

« Last Edit: 19 July 2019, 20:34 by Micky045 »