Author Topic: How to: Fit a centre armrest  (Read 8189 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
How to: Fit a centre armrest
« on: 21 March 2008, 13:38 »
Having had today's adventure fitting the armrest to my Golf, I thought I'd write a no frills guide on how I did it, along with some pictures :P

1.  Pop the little screw caps off.  These are located on the side of the centre console at the top near the gear stick.

2.  Unscrew both of these using a T20 screwdriver.  Little star shaped one.

3.  I forgot to take a picture, but at the back of the rear console I removed the ashtray and drinks holders to reveal two more screws.  Undo those as well.

4.  Once you've done this the centre console will come away pretty easily to reveal the insides.

5.  First things first, I was lucky enough to get a spacer with my armrest.  So I removed the left hand nut for the hand brake, and screwed inthe spacer instead.

6.  Add the little bracket things to the two holes on the right hand side.  These are so that when you attach the main arm rest bracket there's something to screw it into :P

7.  Once the bracket is screwed in in all three places, your ready to re-attached the console.  It takes a bif of fiddling but goes back eventually.

8.  Attach the armrest to the bracket, this is done with one further bolt, then attach the plastic bits onto the arm rest. 

Job done!   :cool:

The writer of this guide and GolfGTI.co.uk accept no responsibility of damage to your car when using this guide. Use at your own risk.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2009, 21:45 by richw911 »

Offline tonyg

• GTI forum regular
Re: How to: Fit a centre armrest
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2009, 11:43 »
What are the part numbers for the spacer and the two threaded clips?

jockgti

Re: How to: Fit a centre armrest
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2013, 11:37 »
has anyone got the part numbers for the bolts and spacer for the armrest? cheers