Author Topic: Dash lighting  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Mk2abf1

• Just got here
Dash lighting
« on: 30 October 2018, 20:43 »
Please help! Dash lighting works until the engine starts then it goes out also dimmer makes dash leds go mad ! I have replaced the light switch for a new genuine 9 pin still the problem exists ! Appreciate any ideas

Cheers Shane

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: Dash lighting
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2018, 16:05 »
Possible earthing issue...or even the power supply between the light switch and the back of the dash. Worth checking both.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline Mk2abf1

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2018, 21:08 »
Thanks, I have heard there is an earth from the back of the clocks to the distributor which gets missed on abf conversions.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2018, 16:03 »
I've heard the same thing, but never got around to checking. I have a glitch in mine...the display within the rectangle (fuel consumption, outside air temp etc. will go quite dim on a hot day, but never plays up in cold weather. Every other part of the light display works perfectly and it's not enough of a problem to start ripping things apart, so I just put up with it.

:wink:
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.