Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529329 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #740 on: 09 September 2016, 22:12 »
Glad to hear you have got the R in quickly Booth and it wont be long till its back to A1 condition again .
Meanwhile (and I am afraid to ask ) have you given the courtesy car a good machining yet or are you going to do the Amorak to keep your hand in ( although you don't need to as your car is always pristine )
If you are missing cleaning you could come to Bonnie Scotland ( Its been torrential rain all day today and the roads are awful flooded )and I will arrange two white VWs for you to do .
Look forward to seeing the car when its repaired .

Thanks. I hope it will be A1 condition, always a worry when anything has to be replaced and resprayed.

I haven't touched the courtesy car at all.  It will get a wash before it gets returned but that's all. Although it's white I did notice swirls on it when looking in the driver's mirror - you can just about see them on the door panels, tempting haha, but I won't be wasting my DA polish on it.

As for the Amarok, I sorry to say that is a lost cause. I would feed my need to detail on the Beast but it is now beyond help, unless I have a spare month to devote to it.  It’s fair to say that my other half has not taken the best of care with it, some things not his fault, but most are.  On the same week I got my door ding back in Spring, he got one in a car park in exact same place on driver’s door.  Then he put a massive, down to the primer, scratch the full length of the top of the tailgate transporting our daughter’s old swings somewhere.  Then, I arrived home one day and noticed the front side bumper all scratched up badly.  Very odd plastic that bumper is - very unlike Golf plastic bumpers, the plastic is sort of shredded and hanging off.  When I mentioned it, he confessed he had caught it on a wall!  Add to that it now has a year’s worth of swirls courtesy of our eastern european supermarket car wash cousins!  So although it's had a couple of sessions previously from me, I have given up on it for the time being.  Maybe one day I will restore it to former glory though the bumper, door and tailgate damage is beyond any machine polisher and all need respraying.  To be fair it is his business workhorse vehicle.

Haha funny you should mention coming up to Scotland, I was just joking with someone about going up to Bonnie Scotland so they could do some VCDS stuff on my car, so yep, line up the white VW's for me and I'll do Watts' car in on the way up. :laugh: 

By contrast it's been brilliant sunshine down here all week. Proper summer this year.  :cool:

West London is enroute :whistle: I'll get the kettle on :wink:

:grin: Nice hot cuppa please.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #741 on: 09 September 2016, 22:21 »
Excellent! It's brewing now :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #742 on: 14 September 2016, 18:51 »
Finally got round to giving the car it's first wash in 5 weeks.
It really needs a bit of protection but I ran out of steam as usual :embarrassed:

, on Flickr
  , on Flickr
  , on Flickr
, on Flickr
  , on Flickr
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #743 on: 14 September 2016, 21:19 »
Looks fab as ever, and super glossy.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #744 on: 14 September 2016, 21:47 »
Great job kalimon!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #745 on: 14 September 2016, 22:15 »
What's happening with the black beauty Rebecca?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #746 on: 14 September 2016, 23:02 »

You mean black not so beauty, lol.

It's still in the bodyshop.  The refurbed wheel was due back at the bodyshop yesterday and am hoping that I might get it back maybe end of the week.  Will be calling them tomorrow to get an update.  Fed up with the Micra now.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #747 on: 15 September 2016, 13:38 »

It's still in the bodyshop.  The refurbed wheel was due back at the bodyshop yesterday and am hoping that I might get it back maybe end of the week.  Will be calling them tomorrow to get an update.  Fed up with the Micra now.
I have a feeling that when you get it back, it's going to get the detailing sh!t kicked out of it :grin:
I for one , can't wait to see the results :cool: :drool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #748 on: 15 September 2016, 16:42 »

I have a feeling that when you get it back, it's going to get the detailing sh!t kicked out of it :grin:
I for one , can't wait to see the results :cool: :drool:

I'm getting it back tomorrow morning.  Don't hold your breath for the mother of all detailings though, lol - tons of other commitments at the moment, not least daughter's 10th birthday which is the higher priority than tarting my car up, lol.  But, hoping to squeeze a speed wash in tomorrow afternoon to rid it of bodyshop dust so I can properly scrutinise the repair and respraying (had weeks of sunshine but rain forecast for tomorrow!)  There's been lots of issues over paint matching on Pretoria wheels so will be looking closely at that too. 

Next Friday front and rear dash cams are being installed so that the next t**t that damages it won't get off scott free.

And then one day I might finally be able to get another full detail and machine polish done......one day!!!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #749 on: 15 September 2016, 17:44 »
All four wheels off today, cleaned then treated to a coating of G-Techniq C2v3, will get a second coating on in the near future. Was pleased to see how little muck was on the barrels and the rear of the spokes. Calipers given a good clean too. Only disappointment was finding out that I now only have one un-kerbed wheel left :angry:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.