Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529734 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #670 on: 16 July 2016, 00:17 »
Looks great Watts :cool:. Have you tried the Finish Kare 108AS Top Kote Tire Dressing to complement the FK1000p sealant on your wheels? This is my current favourite tyre dressing; not too shiny and I find a couple of coats applied with a foam tyre dressing applicator gives good durability and maintains that new look to your tyres for a good few weeks. Good reviews on CYC website and because it's a liquid and not a gel, there's no 'sling' onto your bodywork when your on the move either. It can also be used on lots of other rubber / plastic trim too.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/finishkare-108as-top-kote-tire-dressing/prod_635.html
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #671 on: 16 July 2016, 08:57 »
Cheers :smiley: I'm running out of tyre dressing so I'll have a look at that, thanks!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Last Edit: 16 July 2016, 18:00 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #673 on: 16 July 2016, 20:29 »
Took advantage of a break in the weather to give it a wash.
The usual procedure but didn't have time to add any more protection to it.

Depending on the angle, it looks grey, black or green!!

Looking good Kalimon. When I had my Carbon Grey mk6 GTD, I always thought that depending on the light and the angle it could be one of the above 3 colours. My favourite was when sun brought out the metallic flake and it looked grey/green with a hint of sparkle!  :cool:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #674 on: 16 July 2016, 21:49 »
Very smart Kalimon, great effort :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #675 on: 16 July 2016, 23:23 »
Cheers :smiley: I'm running out of tyre dressing so I'll have a look at that, thanks!

If you are in the market for a new tyre dressing - consider this:

http://www.achem.co.uk/shop/product-details.php?prdID=62

Achem Hi Shine Long Life Tyre Dressing - goes on with the ease of a water based gel but is silicone based so lasts ages and doesn't sling.  Can be matte/satin or gloss depending on whether you wipe it down after application and how many coats you apply.  It really is superb stuff.  Best tyre dressing I've ever used and I've tried a lot.  It states a lifespan of 2-3 weeks on their website but it's much longer than that.  During the last winter my car went 5 weeks without a clean (eons in my world) and the only part that was clean was the tyre sidewalls!   This is the Achem Hi Shine still repelling the mud and dirt after 5 weeks:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #676 on: 16 July 2016, 23:25 »
T

Lovey job as usual.  I like the way it changes with the light, like 3 cars in one!   :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #677 on: 17 July 2016, 10:26 »
T

Lovey job as usual.  I like the way it changes with the light, like 3 cars in one!   :smiley:
Thanks Rebecca. I thought I would take a few pics of the car somewhere other than my driveway , just to change things up :smiley:
Also, I used a real camera for once as my 6plus is still being repaired ( 3 weeks and counting ) :sad:
I like the car best when it appears to be black, maybe should have gone for DBP like you :smiley:
It would be nice if VW actually made racing green or something similar available to order on the Golf :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #678 on: 17 July 2016, 13:41 »
Very quick 35 min wash.  Started to rain as I was drying it off, so no time even to dress tyres or polish tailpipes.  Was hoping to get another coat of Cystal Rock wax on but that will have to wait now till another day. 

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #679 on: 17 July 2016, 14:54 »
Very quick 35 min wash.  Started to rain as I was drying it off, so no time even to dress tyres or polish tailpipes.  Was hoping to get another coat of Cystal Rock wax on but that will have to wait now till another day. 

It's a minor miracle achieving that in 35 mins Rebecca, very impressive work.
I may need to tinker with my snow foam lance settings because you appear to be getting better results than me by the looks of it :cool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP