Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529245 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #2110 on: 28 March 2020, 12:59 »
Good effort there hepton! Any photographic evidence?
Didnt take any mate ,covered in bird poo next morning :angry:

Bloody birds!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #2111 on: 29 March 2020, 10:58 »
Lockdown has been productive, spent two days deep cleaning and polishing the old gurl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2112 on: 29 March 2020, 14:35 »
I like that extra image Eccie, great reflections! I'm looking forward to getting my car properly washed and decontaminated soon, well hopefully soon. Needs a good polish too, just debating whether to do it myself or get it done for me. Had the same debate with the last car which didn't get resolved in 4 years though :whistle: :rolleyes: :embarrassed:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #2113 on: 01 April 2020, 08:44 »
One last reflection shot

nuka world

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2114 on: 05 April 2020, 17:04 »
Been a fair while since I posted anything in here! The Mk6 got a good clean today and then a wax top up with Collinite 845. Direct sunlight was a PITA for panel temps but it was nice to be outside for a bit at least! Not looking too shabby for 150,000 miles on the clock.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2115 on: 05 April 2020, 17:27 »
Wow, still looking amazing, and on 150k miles? :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2116 on: 05 April 2020, 17:45 »

Yeah just over 150,500 miles now. It looks good in these pics but they flatter it. It definitely is showing it's age in certain places now. The Monzas are badly white wormed again now after they were refurbed in 2014. The front bumper and bonnet have stone chips galore and some of the lacquer is peeling on the front bumper. In addition to this it's still got scratches from where it's been hit while parked on tight roads in the UK and in Italy, a dirty football or something has bounced off the bonnet and left it's mark, and there are car park dings from careless people at the supermarket. Apart from that it looks good haha!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2117 on: 05 April 2020, 18:31 »
Haven't seen you in a while!

Just stand further back, looks great then  :tongue: :cool:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2118 on: 05 April 2020, 22:26 »
Haven't seen you in a while!

Just stand further back, looks great then  :tongue: :cool:

Haha that is definitely the answer! Cosmetic things will get sorted in time, mechanical stuff more important as obviously I do a lot of miles and depend on it.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2119 on: 06 April 2020, 11:20 »

Yeah just over 150,500 miles now. It looks good in these pics but they flatter it. It definitely is showing it's age in certain places now. The Monzas are badly white wormed again now after they were refurbed in 2014. The front bumper and bonnet have stone chips galore and some of the lacquer is peeling on the front bumper. In addition to this it's still got scratches from where it's been hit while parked on tight roads in the UK and in Italy, a dirty football or something has bounced off the bonnet and left it's mark, and there are car park dings from careless people at the supermarket. Apart from that it looks good haha!

Well it looks great for a scrapper!! My MK7 looked great but there were plenty of stonechips and a few odd dings too.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.