Author Topic: exhaust Q  (Read 575 times)

jamie16v

exhaust Q
« on: 02 November 2010, 20:36 »
just wondered if the post cat pipework was the same on all the 2wd motors?.. i.e same diameter and joins in the same places (2.25" for the 1.8t)

Offline andybod

• GTI forum regular
Re: exhaust Q
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2010, 20:50 »
the centre section on the 1.8t has a silencer box the 1.9 gttdi is a straight through pipe and does fit in place of the resonated box both are 2.25 diameter not sure if there are any difference's in the rear box hope this is a start ta andy

jamie16v

« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2010, 20:57 »
great reply infact. just the info i was after. does the td pipe clamp to the cat in the same way too as in it uses a separate joiner. not that i want to use a td pipe was just looking for a new exhaust but trying to find one that wasnt labeled 1.8t (you know, lets add a 1er to that price  kinda 1.8t).
also, what difference would replacing the resonater with the td pipe make?..

Offline andybod

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2010, 14:37 »
Yeah the td pipe fit's the same as the 1.8t ,the theory I'm going with(and this is my theory so could be wrong) the td pipe should hopefully flow a bit better than the resonated 1.8t pipe as it has no restrictions it's a bit of a try it and see at the minute but it was cheap to buy at around £18 for the pipe  but  that is trade price not sure what the retail was I think somewhere around 30-35 non genuine plus clamps if you need to replace them