Author Topic: Clubsport S update - now nearly run in + weather not freezing = GTI nirvana?  (Read 4313 times)

Offline GT4

• GTI forum regular
I have only done delivery mileage on mine and was all set to sell but the very short drive back from the dealership changed my mind... The damping was the first thing I noticed and the overall darty feel of the car. I would like more noise but probably never got the engine hot enough to get the full effect. I find it a very "Q" car and would not worry too much about its security. I'm looking forward to the spring time and warmer weather to get it out and will report back on my thoughts compared to other sports cars I have owned .... I think for the £34k price tag it's as good a performance car purchase as you will ever get ... you would probably have to pay close to triple that amount to get a car that's descernably better 👍

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
I've covered nearly 4000 miles in mine now and I can confidently say it is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Just awesome.

My GT4 has been put away for the Winter and I am not missing it one bit. I adore the CSS.
CSS + McLaren 570S + Saxdor 200 + Christen Eagle

Offline k77nrs

• Not said much yet
Now I've taken the sticky cup tyres of I don't get the stones sticking to the rubber and pinging up into the inner arches.
I've added parcel shelf,tool kit,tyre foam, luggage net,continental 5p tyres,ceramic coating, disklok,changed the mats to standard to preserve the red edge ones for show off days, and it has a nextbase 512 g dash cam.
208/400 black.

Hi Bigwood,

Just wondering if the addition of the parcel shelf has made a noticeable difference to cabin noise?

I've bought the official Cargoniser that is a foam tray that fits into the spare wheel well. Really impressed with it...helps hold the miscellaneous items I have bought. I'm also going to get the full official tool kit, did you buy yours from a dealer?

I've also bought the official deep load liner with the adjustable segments. Hope it will help with day to day practicalities.

Thinking about a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4's or ContiSportContact 6's, but the car feels so great on the Cup 2's that I'm in two minds!!

Cheers,

Nick

Offline k77nrs

• Not said much yet
I've covered nearly 4000 miles in mine now and I can confidently say it is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Just awesome.

My GT4 has been put away for the Winter and I am not missing it one bit. I adore the CSS.

Hi Ooosh,

Having completed only 180 miles in my first weekend I totally agree. It feels like a great every day alternative to a GT4, getting under my skin very quickly! However, are you sure you are not missing the GT4 one bit?!

Offline Bigwod

• Not said much yet
Now I've taken the sticky cup tyres of I don't get the stones sticking to the rubber and pinging up into the inner arches.
I've added parcel shelf,tool kit,tyre foam, luggage net,continental 5p tyres,ceramic coating, disklok,changed the mats to standard to preserve the red edge ones for show off days, and it has a nextbase 512 g dash cam.
208/400 black.

Hi Bigwood,

Just wondering if the addition of the parcel shelf has made a noticeable difference to cabin noise?

I've bought the official Cargoniser that is a foam tray that fits into the spare wheel well. Really impressed with it...helps hold the miscellaneous items I have bought. I'm also going to get the full official tool kit, did you buy yours from a dealer?

I've also bought the official deep load liner with the adjustable segments. Hope it will help with day to day practicalities.

Thinking about a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4's or ContiSportContact 6's, but the car feels so great on the Cup 2's that I'm in two minds!!

Cheers,

Nick

No the parcel shelf doesn't  make any difference to noise,gives privacy when parked up. Got the tool set of eBay, I'm on conti 5s and makes a big difference in the wet roads.
Sorry for late answer just got back from cuba
« Last Edit: 13 March 2017, 13:15 by Bigwod »

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
Hi Ooosh,

Having completed only 180 miles in my first weekend I totally agree. It feels like a great every day alternative to a GT4, getting under my skin very quickly! However, are you sure you are not missing the GT4 one bit?!

Maybe a bit!

I drove 10,000 miles in the GT4 between March and December (and had 3 months of no driving). I have mixed emotions racking up so many miles in the GT4 - great fun but guilt at decimating the value. I don't have that negative feeling in the VW at all.
CSS + McLaren 570S + Saxdor 200 + Christen Eagle

Offline k77nrs

• Not said much yet
208/400 black.

Hi Bigwood,

Cheers,

Nick

No the parcel shelf doesn't  make any difference to noise,gives privacy when parked up. Got the tool set of eBay, I'm on conti 5s and makes a big difference in the wet roads.
Sorry for late answer just got back from cuba

No worries regarding the delay...it was only a few hours. Cuba time must be playing tricks on you. I got my deep load liner today. Fits nicely, and allows you to 'hide' bits and pieces underneath in the spare wheel well.

The sound from the exhaust is epic, so glad the parcel shelf doesn't interrupt!

Offline k77nrs

• Not said much yet
Hi Ooosh,

Maybe a bit!

I drove 10,000 miles in the GT4 between March and December (and had 3 months of no driving). I have mixed emotions racking up so many miles in the GT4 - great fun but guilt at decimating the value. I don't have that negative feeling in the VW at all.

Ha! Thought as much. Understand your perspective, but the bottom line is the GT4 isn't going to cost you anything to run in depreciation terms, even with 10k miles of enjoyment out of it. Can't say fairer than that. Hope it's the same for all us CSS owners over the next few months / years!