Author Topic: Interior Wetness ....what to check  (Read 38108 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: Help - WET Carpet
« Reply #60 on: 27 June 2007, 09:50 »
thats mental mate... i will be checking that too!!
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Pete Taylor

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 08 July 2007, 12:18 »
That's mental. Just found one leak in my windscreen where there's a hole in the windscreen bonding silicone but i had a quick spy behind the screen scuttle at that area and there's a wee bit of rust there. Guess the scuttle will be coming off for me to investigate further!

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #62 on: 22 January 2008, 15:05 »
I can happily report that despite all the precipitation since my last post its still dryzabone  :smug: :smug: :smug:

Offline golfmk31993

• Here all the time
« Reply #63 on: 10 March 2008, 20:15 »
ive had a problem with my sunroof drains for a while now,

everytime it rains my front footwells get soaked, ive cleared the sunroof drains but when i pour a cup of water into the sunroof i can see the water come out the drain nipples like it should but it also comes into the front footwells

ive bought some new drain tubes but i havnt got round to fitting them yet, i hope its the tubes, any1 think it could be somthing else???

i also havnt been able to locate the rear sunroof drains any1 know were they are its a 1993 mk3 golf

Offline thesoulbrother

• Not said much yet
innner track rod ends
« Reply #64 on: 05 September 2008, 11:55 »
http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/campingart/jettatech/tierods/tierods.htm

this is well worth a sticky....

anyone know of an exhaust manifold removal and replacement series..?

cheers simon.

Offline GuvGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #65 on: 08 September 2008, 18:58 »
hiya percy mon, cant seem to see your picture of the troublesome drain holes...

Any more pictures or that one to hand?? or if anyone else has any pictures.

Many thanks
Guv

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #66 on: 03 November 2008, 13:45 »
Not been on here for a while sorry, and still dryzbone !

Looks like my pics were hosted on my old Porsche site, i'll upload some tonight for future reference.

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #67 on: 06 November 2008, 15:56 »
Passenger cell floor repairs to corroded rubber bung areas..

and from the underside, prior to underseal....

and finally the culprit - still can't believe this diddy hole in some body sealant caused so many days of bailing out the footwells and drying out carpets !

Offline Stirring Moose

• Here all the time
Re: Interior Wetness ....what to check
« Reply #68 on: 30 May 2009, 19:02 »
I'd been H2O hunting on my Mk3 Valver for a little while and eventually traced it's path back as far as the front passenger toe board, from where the trail disappeared up behind dash. Tried various fixes myself but recently gave in and sent the car for some professional attention. The screen was removed revealing extensive corrosion in the surround and associated damage to the seals. So, much welding, grinding and painting later, plus a new screen... and I still don't know if the problem's cured because the bloody sun's come out! Still, I'm sure the opportunity for testing will arise sooner than not and I'll let you all know the outcome.

S.M.
Love and hate, war and peace, joy and sadness... all just crap that happens between trackdays!

Offline Stirring Moose

• Here all the time
Re: Interior Wetness ....what to check
« Reply #69 on: 06 June 2009, 17:35 »
Right then, without wishing to jump any guns or indulge in any pre-natal fowl counting, I think I may have a result. Despite sitting out in nigh on 24 hours of biblical precipitation, the inside of my dear old 'Dub still seems dry. Of course I'm still paranoid that something in the scuttle is just filling up and will shortly overflow, putting everyone right back where they started but that's just me being my usual cheery optimistic self!

S.M.
Love and hate, war and peace, joy and sadness... all just crap that happens between trackdays!