Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627051 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #520 on: 31 May 2013, 16:16 »
Missed it  :sad:

Still in repairers and won't be back till next week.   Decided to go through insurance due to wheel/tyre damage.  Got confirmation from VW insurance that claim approved, the assessor commented on what a nice car it was after seeing the photos.  Can't wait to get it back, have had enough of the cr@ppy corsa now!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #521 on: 31 May 2013, 19:12 »
I have corsas and all types of vauxhalls on the back of my transporter and the only place they should be delivered to is the tip hope you get your gti back soon  :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #522 on: 31 May 2013, 21:12 »
I have corsas and all types of vauxhalls on the back of my transporter and the only place they should be delivered to is the tip hope you get your gti back soon  :cool:

Amen to that, charlie  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #523 on: 31 May 2013, 22:59 »
Took my car to get the suspension knocking noise looked at.

Turns out the idiots that lowered my car made a right balls up of the front end :cry: :cry:

Apparently one side was lower than the other and it might need a new top mount :cry: :cry:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #524 on: 01 June 2013, 11:57 »

Still in repairers and won't be back till next week.   Decided to go through insurance due to wheel/tyre damage.  Got confirmation from VW insurance that claim approved, the assessor commented on what a nice car it was after seeing the photos.  Can't wait to get it back, have had enough of the cr@ppy corsa now!

Missed mine too  :cry: :cry: :cry:

At least I have an UP!  :whistle:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #525 on: 01 June 2013, 14:06 »

Missed mine too  :cry: :cry: :cry:

At least I have an UP!  :whistle:

Don't rub it in  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #526 on: 01 June 2013, 14:37 »
noticed that it needs new discs and pads and new tyres so been out looking for bigger brakes kits

What are people using? Not sure if I should just buy some R32/S3 bigger brakes
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #527 on: 03 June 2013, 17:20 »
Fitted the 2nd pipercross induction kit I've been sent. 1st was for a TT-rs, they sent the correct one this time but it didn't have the joiner from the hard pipe to the maf.

Good job I had a bit of 3 inch silicone boost pipe lying around to temp connect.

On the phone to the supplier again :)
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #528 on: 03 June 2013, 21:10 »
Fitted the 2nd pipercross induction kit I've been sent. 1st was for a TT-rs, they sent the correct one this time but it didn't have the joiner from the hard pipe to the maf.

Good job I had a bit of 3 inch silicone boost pipe lying around to temp connect.

On the phone to the supplier again :)

any difference in noise or pull when accelerating
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #529 on: 03 June 2013, 21:40 »
Eml came on, just checked and the make shift join has come off the maf. It's too hot to put on tonight.

Although you could hear it sucking the air through, not as loud as I thought it'd be though