Author Topic: Recommend me a polish  (Read 1454 times)

Offline robbie_d

• Not said much yet
Recommend me a polish
« on: 18 September 2008, 15:44 »
After giving my car a thorough wash, wax, polish (slightly abrasive) and wax on the weekend, and spending plenty of time doing it, I'm now looking to maintain the shine as best I can.

Currently the only polish I have is a slightly abrasive one which (I assume) would strip the wax if I were to use it again.

In order to manitain the wax and allow me to build it up over time I'm after a non-abrasive, wax friendly polish. I realise that may be an oxymoron, and it may be that there is actually a different term for such products (I'm new to 'serious' car cleaning after all).

Can anyone recommend me a suitable product?

I had wondered whether BH Autobalm could be used this way, although I understand many use it as their last step.

Cheers

Rob

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Recommend me a polish
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2008, 23:40 »
to keep your shine topped up you just need to apply your sealent and wax after washing, i use either poorboys ex-p or chemical guys m- seal then collinite 845 wax for it amazing durability and protection then finish with dodojuice purple haze to get maximum gloss and shine.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

NewGolf

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: Recommend me a polish
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2008, 16:31 »
Poorboys stuff is good. You can apply it in direct sunlight which helps at times.

use a microfibre cloth. to apply and then wipe off

check this site

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/
« Last Edit: 19 September 2008, 16:41 by Mr Blue »
:)