Author Topic: Collinite 476s...awesome  (Read 5616 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Collinite 476s...awesome
« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2008, 16:17 »
Watch out Guy, Beadles about... :grin:

banned for such an awful pun!!  :laugh:

kells

« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2008, 18:53 »
hahahahaha so funny tho you gotta admit hahahaha

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2008, 09:55 »
Guy i love those pics matey  :cool:

i want to get it 'beadier'!

seriously guy if you want "beadier" get some purple haze i put some over the top of collinite 845 so the protections there and the dodo gives the most wet glossy finish.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2008, 11:29 »

seriously guy if you want "beadier" get some purple haze i put some over the top of collinite 845 so the protections there and the dodo gives the most wet glossy finish.

i am using CG 50/50 on top of two coats of jetseal 109, primed with dodo lime prime after menzerna & PB Black Hole machine polish after a claying and wash with bilt hamber... would purple haze have a benefit on top of this?  not doubting... just seem to be getting good results from the above and dont want to be wasting money on top of the 50/50 which is a very good wax imo?

kells

« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2008, 12:13 »
cant see it guy, after a few coats of wax anymore just makes no difference and becomes a waste, just my 2p, sure everyone will disagree :undecided:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #15 on: 17 September 2008, 12:30 »
someone in my "camp" at edition 38 bought some of this collinite stuff, it was amazing, wasted countless bottles of good drinking water throwing it on the car! haha.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 17 September 2008, 13:09 »
cant see it guy, after a few coats of wax anymore just makes no difference and becomes a waste, just my 2p, sure everyone will disagree :undecided:

i don't know myself which is why i am asking...  i only use one or two coats of wax atm

not sure if using different waxes will help

not wanting to go down the route of that chap with the corsa vxr (53 coats... wtf?  :huh:) but happy to purchase stuff if it makes a difference

someone in my "camp" at edition 38 bought some of this collinite stuff, it was amazing, wasted countless bottles of good drinking water throwing it on the car! haha.

i use collinite 915 for peoples cars that i detail... its a really nice, good value for money wax, but i prefer chemical guys 50/50 for my own car  :wink:

kells

« Reply #17 on: 17 September 2008, 15:01 »
CG 50/50 is imense :cool:

iv just been using their XXX 47% carnauba wax and love it, so cheep too, use 2 coats max 3, any more is a total waste of time and product

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #18 on: 17 September 2008, 22:34 »

i am using CG 50/50 on top of two coats of jetseal 109, primed with dodo lime prime after menzerna & PB Black Hole machine polish after a claying and wash with bilt hamber... would purple haze have a benefit on top of this?  not doubting... just seem to be getting good results from the above and dont want to be wasting money on top of the 50/50 which is a very good wax imo?

i cant comment on 50/50 as ive never used it.

i use cg's ez creme glaze then 2x layers of either cg's m-seal or poorboys ex-p, then a layer or two of 845 wax and top it off with purple haze to enhance the glossy shine,
three layers of wax is about your limit really, idealy you would leave the last layer of wax for a few hours later so the 845 or chosen wax to cure onto the paint then add the dodojuice.
would highly recomend dodojuice just for its gloss qualitys, not sure how long the protection lasts hence i put it over the 845 as the 845 has the protection but lacks deep gloss.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline green-blood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2008, 11:47 »
corrected teh paint on the family s-max last week (lot of panel!!!   :cool:), topped with 476 colinite to get through the winter... its stunning stuff.

I top that with swisswax/dodo juice for shine but 476 for durability first

zaino Cs is good, but cant compete with collinite for price  - a little goes a long long way