Author Topic: spent 10 hours cleaning car, arms now hurt, any remidies??  (Read 6095 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: spent 10 hours cleaning car, arms now hurt, any remidies??
« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2008, 12:00 »

i was very very lucky, rang everywhere and scoured ebay, called every person who was breaking a mk 3 in black, they were all metalic

Any around this area kells?? I do need some panels sorting and replacing the bits might be better??

Oh yeah kells, shady    be carefull................. Guys O.C.D is coming to get ya!!  :laugh:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2008, 12:03 »

i was very very lucky, rang everywhere and scoured ebay, called every person who was breaking a mk 3 in black, they were all metalic

Oh yeah kells, shady    be carefull................. Guys O.C.D is coming to get ya!!  :laugh:

LMAO!

Cheers Guy btw, just wanted a quick blurb on what needed doing, I know roughly how to go about cleaning the car properly, but just needed to know what to do for the winter. :)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2008, 12:06 »
what kells did was a great thing to do... clean, clay, seal wax as a basic

have a look about in the detailing section as there are plenty of tips in there!

Any around this area kells?? I do need some panels sorting and replacing the bits might be better??

it is infectious... once you start you can't stop!  :laugh:

kells

« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2008, 12:22 »
iv always had ocd witht he car, hence the engine and interior led thing

then theirs the fact iv had it all in bits to clean, all doors off tailgate, bumpers lights etc hahaha

but yeah sealing and wax is very very important, most people think some Auto Glym SRP is enough...its not

and boney i spoke to so many people not on your doorstep, mostly darn soufh...but their was a guy in the manchester area im sure of it, i got my dor complete with all the bits on it (except regulator)

but swapped my glass over as mine is the genuine VW stamped glass and the new door wasnt (OCD???) and had to swap my lock assembly over and full loom as the connections for the central locking (Air) were alot different, ?? mad, the door came from a 1995 N plate so they must have changed them on the later cars

kells

« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2008, 12:43 »
now i want to clean my car, even though its not dirty.... cheers kells!

hahahaha, does make you feel warm inside knowing the car is sorted, just got my new supply of waxoil for inside the door bottoms :) used all what i had on my coilovers

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #15 on: 15 September 2008, 21:11 »
WTF - we've got to this many posts and no-one has suggested the ultimate pain relief..

BEER?

kells

« Reply #16 on: 15 September 2008, 21:23 »
aye might be worth a go that :laugh:

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #17 on: 15 September 2008, 21:29 »
Whisky
 :tongue:

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

kells

« Reply #18 on: 15 September 2008, 22:36 »
well i got inside all the door bottoms waxoiled tonight so they are protected, its amazing how the late type doors have almost ZERO wax stuff VW put in at the factory compaired to my other doors which have loads, make no wonder the later MK3's rust!!, anyhow mine are all mint and all super protected now,
Got the door cards  back on, car is lookin like a, erm... car again, not used it in the last couple of week as iv had the thing in bits, had all the doors off, and the bumpers, pretty mad really but she looks good, better than ever, would have took some pics but its rained here in leeds  :angry:  so will have to wash it again :rolleyes:

Arm is no better, think ill have to resort to the boozing idea :laugh: :lipsrsealed: