Author Topic: spent 10 hours cleaning car, arms now hurt, any remidies??  (Read 6079 times)

kells

yep yesterday gave the mk 3 a good going over, i had some bad news with it 2 week ago, some twit hit the side of it and damaged the door  :cry: :cry: never found out who it was as it was parked up in Leeds whilst i was in a club..

anyhow, i didnt wanna moan about it, i was quoted 150 to repair at my bodyshop i use, but i managed to find a door in my colour, (not easy, rare as hell is flat black for mk 3's)

had to do a 8 hour round trip for it as the guy wouldnt post it!!!  but its a mint door so was worth the 25 quid !! :), this was last weekend.. i got the diesel for free in my mates company vauxhall combo van..

anyhow got the door fitted on saturday, very happy with the door and the fact the car is back to mint,

I then got up at 8.30 Sunday, and began the winter prep for it, clayed, swirl removed, polished, Jetsealed and then gave it 3 coats of wax (all supplid by chemical guys) i also did all the trim withauto glym bumper car and the tyres too with my gel...

later im gonna do all the glass, and the rubbers round the windows and re fit the door cards i have removed (once iv wax oiled inside the door bottoms that is)

thing is iv developed some form of car cleaners elbow, anyone else ever had this, its very painfull and can hardly move my arm??

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: spent 10 hours cleaning car, arms now hurt, any remidies??
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2008, 11:30 »
sounds like tennis elbow to me dude... i've not had it but family members have and it sucks... apply RICE to it

R- Rest
I - Ice
C - Compression
E - Elevation

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/tennis_elbow.html

my arms used to hurt like f**k when I first got into detailing and would spend two days at a time cleaning vigorously... would also make myself ill as i didnt stop for breaks (tea, kit kats and bacon sarnies) or have enough to drink...

the only real solution is to get a machine polisher dude...   makes life a lot easier :afro:

kells

« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2008, 11:35 »
yeah i am same, cant break off to eat or anything, just wanna press on with the job, did however stop in the middle of sealing for a big tea which helped give me some much needed energy, just wanted to get the car prepped for the winter, i have a even bigger cleaning blow out than my normal monthly affair every year at this time in the year, it pays dividens and as the car is my daily its a must

i spent ages treating the polished bits in the bloody engine bay too, thats a job in its self!!

will rest the arm then, but need to try finish tonight first

Offline eightyeightmph

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2008, 11:36 »
Glad you got the door sorted so easily! :shocked:

If you happen to find an abundance of mint black panels pleae let me know! ;)

My arms hurt when I give it a proper clean too!
2016 GOLF GTD

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2008, 11:48 »
i do mine in about november when the salt starts going down on the roads... trouble is running out of daylight in the winter

rest the arm dude... that means no w@nking either... sucks to be you! ha!  :grin:

kells

« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2008, 11:52 »
Glad you got the door sorted so easily! :shocked:

If you happen to find an abundance of mint black panels pleae let me know! ;)

My arms hurt when I give it a proper clean too!

i was very very lucky, rang everywhere and scoured ebay, called every person who was breaking a mk 3 in black, they were all metalic, the guy i found was in guilford, 215 mile away from me!!!!!!!

car had been in his family all its life and he broke it as the abs had gone, he put the engine in his awesome caddy which will be at all the shows next year

the door is absolutly mint :)

kells

« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2008, 11:53 »
i do mine in about november when the salt starts going down on the roads... trouble is running out of daylight in the winter

rest the arm dude... that means no w@nking either... sucks to be you! ha!  :grin:

hahahahahah :grin: :grin:

yeah the daylight is a problem...i do mine now then keep it topped up on sealent and wax more frequent than usually in the summer

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2008, 11:56 »
When I get my new 8v I'm gonna give it the TCL treatment too :) any tips on preserving the paintwork and shine for this winter so as to not have to clean it so often?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2008, 11:56 »

hahahahahah :grin: :grin:

yeah the daylight is a problem...i do mine now then keep it topped up on sealent and wax more frequent than usually in the summer

can't ask for much more than that... the sealant and wax is more important than people realise!

hope the arm feels better soon

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2008, 11:58 »
When I get my new 8v I'm gonna give it the TCL treatment too :) any tips on preserving the paintwork and shine for this winter so as to not have to clean it so often?

this should really be in the detailing section  :undecided:

but what i will say is there is no escaping the weekly cleaning... but if you seal and wax it once every three months or more then you will protect your paintwork even more

remember how you clean is important too... two bucket method, lambswool mitts, good shampoop etc