Author Topic: My Insurance buying experiences...  (Read 7612 times)

Offline neil_1821

• Here all the time
Re: My Insurance buying experiences...
« Reply #10 on: 19 December 2006, 15:08 »
I'm definately gonna give you guys a try when my insurance is due, you guys any good for young drivers?? I'll be 19 when it needs re newing, and hopefully have 1 years no claims on the 1.4 mk3 golf. It'll be good if you can get it cheaper, i pay £1100now   :sick:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #11 on: 19 December 2006, 15:23 »
Should be ok for ya if its a 1.4 and you have a years ncb. Send me a pm when your renewal is due buddy and i will see what i can do!!  :smiley:

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 19 December 2006, 20:51 »
Go to that Supermarket .com

That does all the hassle for you in finding the cheapest quote. I saved over £100 this year by doing it!

Not when your car is heavilg modified like mine is...... The normal companies, Direct Line, Esure etc wont touch you if it is...

As I said in my first post, the NORMAL EXCESS is £145, but the trackday is very high. Its not worth me claiming on trackday anyway, the cars not worth that much more after excess....

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 December 2006, 10:44 »

Not when your car is heavilg modified like mine is...... The normal companies, Direct Line, Esure etc wont touch you if it is...

As I said in my first post, the NORMAL EXCESS is £145, but the trackday is very high. Its not worth me claiming on trackday anyway, the cars not worth that much more after excess....

Exactly, and even if they do cover you they will probably pay out no-where near what the car is worth in the event of a claim!  :wink:

As nige has stated the normal excess is very low for a heavily modified car, Yeah the trackday excess is high but i had the option to place it with a different company for a higher premium but with a lower trackday excess, nige said not to worry!

It all depends what your priorities are, cheapest is not always the best..... :smiley:

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #14 on: 20 December 2006, 13:15 »
i'll big you up martin. its a shame you couldnt help me with my insurance. altho i feel i must reccommend John and Brentacre. he beat my lowest quote which as martins. But it was 11am and i had to insure the car before they all closed on the saturday which is 12!!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #15 on: 20 December 2006, 14:22 »
Cheers Han!  :kiss:

Yeah maybe next year, i have only ever rung brentacre myself once for a quote and must admit the person i spoke to was one of the most friendly and helpful and seemed to know his stuff (although he did threaten to double my quote when i told him where i worked!! :laugh:), cant remember his name cos it was a couple of years ago but im sure they will look after you!  :smiley: