Author Topic: BBC Four Documentary  (Read 2791 times)

Offline jackstoneman

• Just got here
BBC Four Documentary
« on: 06 February 2017, 10:43 »
Hi,
I’m writing on behalf of the BBC where we are currently making an hour long TV documentary on the history of the family car. As part of this, of course we are looking to feature the Golf GTI. 

I’m looking to get in contact with people who run their Golf as the family car to have a bit of a chat over the phone about how the Golf GTi fares as a family car, with a view to potentially being interviewed for the programme. If you think you may be interested in this, do drop me an email with your phone number and a little bit of info about you and the Golf and i'll look to give you a call. I can be reached on jack.stoneman@bbc.co.uk
All the best,
Jack
« Last Edit: 06 February 2017, 17:17 by jackstoneman »

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
Re: BBC Four Documentary
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2017, 16:32 »
As you are obviously a professional receiving a salary for this, what is there in return for respondents?

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2017, 17:08 »
After reading through the very many posts on this forum, put up by mostly proud and happy owners of the various marks of the legendary Golf, I would hazard a guess that there might be more than a few of these owners who would be happy to share their experiences with the OP. I would jump at the chance, but as I no longer live in the UK, it wouldn't really be relevant.

As an aside, I find the question about possible returns for potential respondents to be in very poor taste.  :sad:
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline jackstoneman

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2017, 17:20 »
Hi,
Having just re read my original post I realised it was not clear that we are looking for potential interviewees to appear in the programme. Have edited OP to include this.
Many thanks,
Jack

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2017, 17:23 »
Poor taste is your opinion, which I do not see anyone asking for (no offence intended). The BBC and many other professional organisations rely on goodwill from third parties to generate income and I see nothing as 'poor taste' to expect something in return. I obviously do not know your profession, but would hazard a guess and say that you do not work for nothing in return. All the best Mick

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2017, 18:16 »
Mick...to hazard a guess, is, to my way of thinking, just the same as expressing an opinion...I didn't ask you to make that guess either, but I'm not too bothered by it. Your guess was wrong anyway...I've spent the last 10 years working for nothing in return, a handshake or a smile excepted.

If financial reward or material gains are what floats your boat...go for it! Not everyone thinks the same way.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
« Reply #6 on: 06 February 2017, 18:27 »
Shake hands and part as friends. :smiley:

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2017, 18:45 »
That works for me mate...we'll agree to disagree. 

Cheers

:smiley:

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2017, 19:18 »
Nice one :smiley:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2017, 20:21 »
Stick your handbags away ladies  :laugh: