Author Topic: Dual dashcam and DAB issues?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
Dual dashcam and DAB issues?
« on: 19 June 2019, 13:42 »
Hi guys, about to pull the trigger on getting a dual dash cam fitted, but after speaking to the guy, he was saying that having a rear cam will in most cases cause the DAB signal to have issues due to the placement of the Arial.

Have any of you got dual cam setups without issues? If so which brand was it?

I just dont want to pay for install and then it doesnt end up working.

Cheers

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Dual dashcam and DAB issues?
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2019, 14:27 »
Got rid of my Golf R a few months ago, but for 3 years, it ran fine with a Thinkware F770 front/back set-up - mcmaddy has the same set up. I used DAB a lot, and it worked flawlessly until a booster module failed in the tailgate a few months before I got rid of the Golf - replaced under extended warranty.

No interference issues at all - mine was pre facelift with no external aerial fin.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2019, 14:38 »
Thanks for the reply mate, appreciated!

Ah mines post facelift and has the fin on top, i wonder if that makes a difference...

With the thinkware, i hear that they are very 'vocal' everytime you get in the car, is this something you noticed?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2019, 15:55 »
I've got nav pro with roof mounted fin and have no dab issues what so ever with the f770 dual cam. Would suggest your fitter is talking nonsense :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2019, 16:00 »
Well that is good to know! haha i think he was just being cautious, incase there were issues (i know some people do get them with dab and rear cams).

You been pleased with the f770? nothing too annoying with it? At the moment its a toss up between that and a blackview 750s...

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2019, 16:10 »
I'd be going f800 if I was getting one now. The memory card is only 16 or 32 on the f770 so I bought a 128 card. Not all cards work correctly but the f800 comes with a bigger card anyway.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2019, 16:25 »
I think your probably right about going for the f800, im just reading now what the differences are to justify the 100 quid extra....

My only real concern with the thinkware's is that people say the voice notifications can get on your nerves, with things like it constantly telling you to re-format the sd card etc.

Have you found this in your experience with the f770?

Online watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2019, 17:39 »

I fitted a Blackvue DR900S 2 CH a few weeks back and have no issues with it.  A good forum for info is; dashcamtalk.com/forum/

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 June 2019, 18:13 »
I have the F770 in the front and a Finevu CR500 in the rear and have no DAB issues.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 19 June 2019, 19:30 »
I think your probably right about going for the f800, im just reading now what the differences are to justify the 100 quid extra....

My only real concern with the thinkware's is that people say the voice notifications can get on your nerves, with things like it constantly telling you to re-format the sd card etc.

Have you found this in your experience with the f770?
yeah it does tell you to format the card but it does extend the life of the card in the long run. It's a brilliant dash cam well worth the money. If you shop around done places have them on special offer.