Author Topic: Bumper Swap  (Read 4167 times)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: Bumper Swap
« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2019, 15:01 »
Besides, the GTI models have honeycomb and it’s fiddly as hell to clean.

Are you supposed to clean the honeycombe grill then? :whistle:

So people actually clean that then :grin:

Offline golf nutter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2019, 18:57 »
thanks for the masses of information there guys...really helpful.  all told it would not seem to be worth the hassle...lots of implications and like you say, niggles.  so what do folks generally do to their 7.5R's at the front to give them something of a wow factor?
Mk7 GTi; Mk5 GTi; Mk4 GT TDI; Mk3 VR6; Mk1 GTi;
Mk1 GTi Sportline

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2019, 07:21 »
thanks for the masses of information there guys...really helpful.  all told it would not seem to be worth the hassle...lots of implications and like you say, niggles.  so what do folks generally do to their 7.5R's at the front to give them something of a wow factor?

Most R owners probably don’t do anything to change the front end looks - I suspect the subtle, understated ‘wolf in sheep’s clothing’ look is one of the things that appeals to many owners.

The vast majority of R owners on this forum and over on VWROC.com will be quite happy to enjoy its performance, handling and understated looks. Anyone who wants a performance car with a shouty ‘look at me’ appearance might like to consider getting a Honda Civic Type R :grin:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline golf nutter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 17 June 2019, 19:15 »
i agree...the type r is actually a fantastic car but i could not see myself in it...which is probably a good thing!  i don't want anything shouty...just something that looks like the car might be more than just a 1.4.
Mk1 GTi Sportline

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 17 June 2019, 19:43 »
I’ve found with a mk7 the best way to add a hint of menace to the looks without detracting from the clean factory look is to increase the track slightly and fill out the arches by adding either spacers or carefully chosen wheels.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 17 June 2019, 20:02 »
If you have deep pockets you could go for a front splitter;-

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/carbon-fiber-front-lip-spoiler/021153ecs01kt/

If you have not so deep pockets, you could get the bumper wrapped to make the intakes look a little larger.
7.5 GTD

Offline golf nutter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 18 June 2019, 19:28 »
If you have deep pockets you could go for a front splitter;-

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/carbon-fiber-front-lip-spoiler/021153ecs01kt/

If you have not so deep pockets, you could get the bumper wrapped to make the intakes look a little larger.

not sure i like the ecs one...i just think the gti/ed40 bumpers are perfect and vw toned it down just too much on the R.
Mk1 GTi Sportline