Author Topic: MY20.....  (Read 22340 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: MY20.....
« Reply #20 on: 09 June 2019, 14:42 »
if you’re not a gti enthusiast you don’t really buy a TCR. I think that most would want the exhaust as that’s the market it’s aimed at. A little like bucket seats on the CS. It’s an enthusiasts car with the enthusiasts knowledge that comes with it. Anyway, with or without it it’s a brilliant car and you’ll all love it. I wouldn’t have the exhaust as an option but as standard? Hmmmm. Depends on the price increase! Anyway, enjoy your cars, things always get upgraded. You can’t wait forever!😀

Have always wanted a GTI but it’s always lost out in a last two head to head so definitely in the enthusiast bracket and on selecting the TCR there was understanding that the exhaust was stainless and tuned for the TCR (that was in the promotional literature) so with that and all the other lifts the TCR package became compelling

My thoughts at time was the Akrapovich would be a cost option in line with pricing seen for the R and given the standard set up was compelling enough then it was not an option that was seen as needed and more so at that price

As it was it was never an option when I pressed the order button

Have followed the Akrapovich journey on VWROC from those who stumped up the pounds and have good awareness and appreciation of its abilities and if does come as a standard fitting will be absolutely made up but still think the TCR original specification is compelling and not having the Akrapovich does not detract from the TCR at all much like the standard R are not seen as anything less for not selecting the performance pack

So do not think anyone is not seeing what Akrapovich adds and appreciates its more balancing it against how good the TCR is, as is and by not having there is no real detraction and especially to those who casually look on and only see car has different tips.

If this is true then it’s likely mine will have the Akrapovich and will be very happy at that but did want to be honest that it’s just feeling of a nice bonus

Be interesting to see what else changes as doubt it’s just one thing, maybe throw in the upgraded stereo that be nice or the electric controlled seats or the land assist +

Nice quick video of Akrapovich on a clubsport https://youtu.be/r5TF7CCm3iU

It seems the GTI Akrapovich is different from the R and come with carbon look covers? Which really like  :cool:

https://youtu.be/fWegI2OszzA
« Last Edit: 09 June 2019, 15:15 by Hertsman »
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 09 June 2019, 16:35 »
They used to do a tech pack which was nav pro and dynaudio which basically gave you the dynaudio for free.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2019, 17:25 »
I hope it does become available for the TCR, then I can order it for my PP and it not impact my warranty!  :cool:

I tried to get an Akrapovic on my PP, but sadly it's very complicated and a system is not yet street legal for the 7.5 in the UK. The 'slip-on' exhaust is possible without the downpipe & link, but it's stupid loud and you lose power (and it causes ECU errors) due to back pressure. To cure this you have to use the Akrapovic downpipe & link kit, but then that breaks emission levels for road use, so isn't street legal in the UK. Fine for track (and is sold on that premise), but not yet ready for the road.

I'd guess that this might be why it got canned for the TCR, which is why this is a very interesting development if true.  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2019, 21:12 »
I hope it does become available for the TCR, then I can order it for my PP and it not impact my warranty!  :cool:

I wouldn't be so sure on that, if it's a full system it won't even fit due to the larger IS38 turbo on the TCR.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #24 on: 10 June 2019, 11:02 »

I wouldn't be so sure on that, if it's a full system it won't even fit due to the larger IS38 turbo on the TCR.

I thought the outlet was the same on both. AFAIK it's the same castings machined differently for the different sized turbines. The only difference between the GTI and R downpipes for the golf is the extra 4wd gubbins to keep out of the way of.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 10 June 2019, 11:14 »
Not sure how updated everyone is on MY20 changes but will post all changes on Monday.

Big one is GTI TCR gets Acrapovic exhaust as standard  :whistle:

Feel like we need a drumroll  :grin:
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 10 June 2019, 15:18 »
Not sure how updated everyone is on MY20 changes but will post all changes on Monday.

Big one is GTI TCR gets Acrapovic exhaust as standard  :whistle:

Feel like we need a drumroll  :grin:

I think we may have frightened him and he doesn't want to lose a hand feeding us....  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 10 June 2019, 16:10 »
No one is bothered about possibly getting a 3k exhaust for free but the thread has got almost a thousand views.  :grin:  :whistle:
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 10 June 2019, 16:24 »
No one is bothered about possibly getting a 3k exhaust for free but the thread has got almost a thousand views.  :grin:  :whistle:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

And there are only about 5 people with TCRs on order!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 10 June 2019, 16:33 »

:grin: :grin: :grin:

And there are only about 5 people with TCRs on order!

Just finished work and checked in for the MY20 update and there is none!

To be honest was wondering as much what the MY20 changes are overall as its always an interesting read and not always for whats added, but for what piece of plastic has been removed as penny saving.

In terms of the not wanting to the £3000 exhaust you can let that go now  :grin: :grin: yes we would all be happy to have it and so lets see if that carrot we were given was actually true :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC