Author Topic: New Gti advice.  (Read 5867 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: New Gti advice.
« Reply #20 on: 10 June 2019, 21:57 »
Nice one! I've had mine nearly 4 years and still love driving it. Still love the look of it too, when I'm walking back to it in a car park, it stands out as better looking and more interesting than the others :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 10 June 2019, 22:17 »
Been following the MY20 thread, the GTI Performance is starting to look like a bargain.
34k for a new TCR or 24.7 for a pre-reg gti old skool style-3- door, manual, black.
I know what i’d buy. Well done OP.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Mavericktom

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 10 June 2019, 23:59 »
I feel I’ve got a good deal.

There wasn’t much negotiation to be had but got some accessories thrown in.  So overall I’m happy. 

I wouldn’t have considered a new car due to the depreciation.  But feel that the pre reg price softens the blow a little. 

Plan at the mo would be to keep it long term. 

I have a works vehicle so the mileage will be kept at a minimum and it will be tucked up in a garage when not in use.

Offline candy turbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 14 June 2019, 19:39 »
is it a PP model ?
clubsport S no 215

Offline Mavericktom

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 15 June 2019, 16:24 »
Yes.  The performance spec

Offline Mavericktom

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 20 June 2019, 21:03 »
Collected the car from the dealer today.   I only put a few miles on her.  Had a play with some of the tech which will take me a while to get used to.   But all in all really pleased with the car.   I'll take her for a longer run tomorrow.  I'll give it a few miles and get it run in a little before opening it up. 

She's booked in for a new car detail and ceramic coating. unfortunately he's fully booked until next month  Whoever washed her at the dealers has managed to leave a few light scratches, which should polish out. 

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 20 June 2019, 21:44 »
Good for you Mavericktom :smiley: After nearly 4 years with mine I still really enjoy driving it, hopefully you'll get as much enjoyment too!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mavericktom

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 21 June 2019, 19:06 »
Thanks Watts

Took her out for a spin.  First time in ages I've just gone for a drive.  Stretched the legs a little. 

really impressed.  Still didn't want to push it too hard but theres definitely more than enough power there.  I played with all the tech which is a little alien to me.  But its actually really easy to use.