Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2777657 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9560 on: 20 June 2019, 18:46 »
Nice. I think the estate shape suits the R's under the radar image far better than the hatch.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #9561 on: 20 June 2019, 18:54 »
Cheers guys, I think the larger wheel helps to blend in the massive bottom of the estate too. 18's just didn't work
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #9562 on: 23 June 2019, 14:16 »
Fitted some VW centre caps
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #9563 on: 23 June 2019, 16:50 »
Thanks for the positive comments guys....
I did the side too, really wanted to turn the red paint black but couldn't get a sticker for that.
The Clubsport has loads of black features and the GTI has loads of red features, so they seem to fade into the background on a black or red Clubsport. The features stand out the most on white or silver cars, but I just had to have red!  :grin:
Now all I have to do is work out if I should do the grill badge. On one had it would then match the others, on the other hand it's on a black background!

You can get vinyls to change the colour of the "background" of the front badge. I got mine changed to black and then did white vinyls for the background (it's a white car).
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9564 on: 23 June 2019, 19:53 »
Got home today from my Yorkshire/NE holiday, 700+ miles. Mine might just be a GTI PP, but what a joy to drive over so many great roads :smiley: Sure my dodgy gear changes might be a mile away from the super slick DSG but with the few small mods to my gear selection components each one felt great. So comfortable too. I might just have to keep this one long term as there's little out there that would make me want to change.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9565 on: 23 June 2019, 21:49 »
I was thinking the same Watts after my 900 odd mile trip. Can't think of many other cars that can replace the GTi PP.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9566 on: 23 June 2019, 22:28 »
I was thinking the same Watts after my 900 odd mile trip. Can't think of many other cars that can replace the GTi PP.

Wow, where did you go? As much as a new GTI P or TCR would I'm sure be very good if not a bit better, I just don't think they are worth the difference. My existing car has to me become a bargain :smiley: Mind you a CS might loosen my purse strings in time :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9567 on: 23 June 2019, 23:29 »
I keep looking. I'd love a C63 but the mileage I do would leave me bankrupt in one of them. I'd love a fully loaded Clubsport but it's probably an extra 10k on top of mine.

I think a remap, TCR spoiler, and Clubsport muffler might be a more cost effective solution to keep me happy for another year or two then I plan on going electric.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9568 on: 24 June 2019, 06:37 »

Wow, where did you go? As much as a new GTI P or TCR would I'm sure be very good if not a bit better, I just don't think they are worth the difference. My existing car has to me become a bargain :smiley: Mind you a CS might loosen my purse strings in time :whistle:
Went from Sunderland to Isle of Skye, drove round Skye for three days and back. I've still got one or two niggles with mine which is making me look for something else. Not sure it's worth the extra for a 7.5 performance (some digital clocks and 10 odd hp) just doesn't justify the extra.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9569 on: 24 June 2019, 09:06 »

Watts, you could always swap for the same!  :grin:

3dr,manual, TR. Pretty good value I think for a '19 plate with del miles compared to a TCR.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201904187098750
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey