Author Topic: strange indecator problem!  (Read 2347 times)

Offline curtis1993

• Not said much yet
strange indecator problem!
« on: 02 October 2011, 14:57 »
hey guys and gals i have a strange problem for you all i have tryed the search button but no joys!

so then this is it .. my brother has a mk3 golf 1.6 8v on an L reg and unfortunatly it has devoped a potentioaly dangerous problem!

every time he brakes and indecates at the same time the indecators dont work but as soon as he lets off the brake they work .. he has 2 kids so you can obviously tell that that is dangerous on round abouts  :undecided:

i have tryed replaceing the indecator stalk for him thinking that was broke but no it is still doing it!
so if any one knows of the problem and can shed some light on how to fix it asap that would be awsome!!!!

thanks guys and gals

much love

Curtis!
Built Not Brought!

Kaitlin The Mk3 Golf
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=201772.0

Offline curtis1993

• Not said much yet
Re: strange indecator problem!
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2011, 18:21 »
bump :(
Built Not Brought!

Kaitlin The Mk3 Golf
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=201772.0

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2011, 18:31 »
check the fuses for the indicators and brake lights haven't blown.

Next step is the earths.

In the rear clusters, the earthing point is the cluster itself. Clean up the contacts best you can. I had a cluster fail, so my foglight would illuminate when I braked. When I took the bulb out, it stopped doing it, so I knew I was on the right lines.

Offline javalin

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2011, 14:27 »
>he has 2 kids so you can obviously tell that that is dangerous
is it less dangerous without the kids I wonder?

Yep - check the earths and condition of the light clusters etc, in the four corners of the car.

J
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.