Author Topic: VW finance  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
VW finance
« on: 20 December 2018, 06:41 »
So im due to pick my car up today and when I ordered my car the apr was 5.5% I've checked vw finance today and they have slashed the rate to 3.6%.
I've not signed the finance agreement but did sign the order that listed the finance details.
Should I still be able to get the lower apr or am I tied to the higher 5.5%?

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
Re: VW finance
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2018, 08:11 »
I signed mine online the other day and it was 5.5%. The one thing that confused me was that it said Hire Purchase on top of the document even though I'm doing a PCP, but apparently that's right? Anyone else on PCP have their agreement with hire purchase written at the top of it?
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2018, 09:28 »
Ive not had anything through yet. They did try to send me the esign copy yesterday to sign but it wouldn't let him do it. Wonder if this is why. Over the agreement it adds up to nearly £1500 extra in interest though.

He's looking into it now. Fingers crossed

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2018, 09:30 »
The contract doesn't come into effect until they deliver the car to you, so it should be possible to rip up the old one and recreate.... contractually.

Of course they might be buttholes about it, but insist that after all of the delays its the least they could do!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2018, 09:40 »
The contract doesn't come into effect until they deliver the car to you, so it should be possible to rip up the old one and recreate.... contractually.

Of course they might be buttholes about it, but insist that after all of the delays its the least they could do!

You got another reason my car is here 12 week earlier than expected lol

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2018, 09:53 »
Just got off the phone and they've reduced the Apr on the agreement. To say I'm happy is an understatement. I'd have spec'd a few more options if the rate was available from the start hahaha
« Last Edit: 20 December 2018, 10:29 by Dre1973 »

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2018, 15:26 »
Just got off the phone and they've reduced the Apr on the agreement. To say I'm happy is an understatement. I'd have spec'd a few more options if the rate was available from the start hahaha

Did you speak to the dealer or direct with VW finance?

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2018, 16:29 »

Did you speak to the dealer or direct with VW finance?

I spoke to vw who said talk to the dealer. Talked to dealer who then talked to vw. Redid the finance. Just sat down signing it now lol

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 21 December 2018, 10:53 »
Thanks for the heads up Dre!

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2018, 13:18 »
Thanks for the heads up Dre!

Did you get the lower rate?