Author Topic: Winter wheels  (Read 4906 times)

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
Re: Winter wheels
« Reply #10 on: 17 December 2018, 06:54 »
I purchased my winter tyres today, they'll be going on my Austins. I went with the Michelin owned Kleber Krisalp HP3 - bit of a bargain at £77 per tyre considering they score so well in the Auto Bild test. Only the Vredistein Wintrac Pro (1st) and the Conti WinterContact (2nd) scored better but they were considerably more expensive. The Kleber actually score the best for snow braking and handling which is my main concern for a winter tyre.

Previously I had Nokian winters which were also very good in the snow so it'll be interesting to see how these compare.

I've not heard of them before, but now i've looked, they look really good.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Mikea

• Not said much yet
Re: Winter wheels
« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2018, 08:52 »
I purchased my winter tyres today, they'll be going on my Austins. I went with the Michelin owned Kleber Krisalp HP3 - bit of a bargain at £77 per tyre considering they score so well in the Auto Bild test. Only the Vredistein Wintrac Pro (1st) and the Conti WinterContact (2nd) scored better but they were considerably more expensive. The Kleber actually score the best for snow braking and handling which is my main concern for a winter tyre.

Previously I had Nokian winters which were also very good in the snow so it'll be interesting to see how these compare.

I've not heard of them before, but now i've looked, they look really good.

I fitted the Kleber Krisalp HP3 the other week on my Edition 40.

so far very impressed by them, so much so I ordered a set for our Up! Gti
Sold 2021 : 2016 5dr GTi Clubsport Edition 40 DSG - No. 403
Tornado Red, Dynamic Chassis Control, Rear View Camera and 19" Brescia Alloys

Up! Gti Red 5 door, park and cruise, city emergency pack, climate control and 5 year warranty