Author Topic: GTI PERFORMANCE  (Read 8624 times)

Offline nigeldodd

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI PERFORMANCE
« Reply #30 on: 19 December 2018, 15:06 »
This thread seems to have turned into a debate about keylessness.

I would prefer the Tesla idea of using your mobile phone to gain access. I don't want to carry yet another card about my person. Or am I missing something?

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 19 December 2018, 15:09 »
Dre1973 - perhaps I'm not as doddery as mcmaddy thinks I am then......(incidentally mine was a Ford too).

Complacency is the problem here. You presume it's off as it has been the 1000 times prior. That minute of lapsed concentration ooops hahaha

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 19 December 2018, 17:18 »
If your car is still running or engine is off due to stop start and you try and lock the car it won't allow you to lock it so you'll then know if something's wrong. In fact I'm sure if you open the door with stop start in operation it beeps at you.
« Last Edit: 19 December 2018, 18:26 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 19 December 2018, 18:58 »
If your car is still running or engine is off due to stop start and you try and lock the car it won't allow you to lock it so you'll then know if something's wrong. In fact I'm sure if you open the door with stop start in operation it beeps at you.

He has been known to be deaf and blind as well lol.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 19 December 2018, 20:54 »
 :grin: :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 20 December 2018, 19:46 »
No quick way to deactivate it on the Golf - although sounds like good sense has prevailed re the new Polo.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #36 on: 21 December 2018, 13:22 »
It's not more likely to be nicked if you take some minor precautions - Faraday Pouch.
Keep your keys in your pocket - why would you want something rattling around while your driving.
Runs down what battery? In the fob? So does a non keyless fob.
What's off or on? Your car? Maybe shouldn't be allowed out if you can't tell your car is off or on.
Only costs you money if you spec it.
Keyfob battery as constant transmission of signal with keylessthe key is constantly transmitting the signal its why they normally need batteries every year. This is not the case with the immobiliser section of a normal key transmitter as the inductive loop on the ignition barrel energise the coil in the key and charges a cap that then powers the transmiter that sends the signal back. The battery in a normal key only powers the remote section for locking and isnt transmitting until a button is pressed thats why the battery lasts far longer.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.