Author Topic: Cracked Windscreen  (Read 2859 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Cracked Windscreen
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2018, 09:56 »
Autoglass did one for me on my last Mk7.

Exactly the same as the VW OEM one minus the VW logo. Same manufacture, same fit and tint, no sensor issues.... all good.

Don't worry!

I’ve always found Autoglass to be good, and no issues with the screens they fit. In my experience, much better than National Windscreens.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2018, 11:47 »
I had a screen replaced a few years ago and it had a flaw in it, distorted your vision (made my wife look very tall and slender, like those mirrors at the funfair).

Had it replaced with Audi original and all was good. I’d personally as for an original.

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 13 December 2018, 17:41 »
Thanks for all your thoughts everyone.

I've bit the bullet and gone with Autoglass, I asked for a genuine one, but we'll see what happens.

£140 excess -  :cry:

Happy Christmas everyone!
 :laugh:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #13 on: 13 December 2018, 21:13 »
My cars 6 months old and has some good old chips in it, hasn't cracked yet! I've never had a screen crack in all my years of driving but I have a feeling the Golf one will at some point. I have the climate screen too..... can't wait. Must be very thin
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 17 December 2018, 12:15 »
Thanks everyone, for your comments and thoughts.

I've got Autoglass coming on Friday to change it. I did put in the notes section of the web form "Could I please have a genuine windscreen?", but not heard anything one way or the other.

I would have called them but the website was very light on phone numbers or ways to talk to actual people!!

I'll see on Friday what happens!!!

The most annoying thing is the day it happened my wife and I couldn't decide whose car to take, she has a 66 plate Scirocco GTS with lots of chips in the window from its previous owner, she said she wished we'd taken her car as she wants anew windscreen!
 :rolleyes:

Anyway will let you know how it turns out!

J.

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
« Reply #15 on: 17 December 2018, 18:10 »
Thanks everyone, for your comments and thoughts.

I've got Autoglass coming on Friday to change it. I did put in the notes section of the web form "Could I please have a genuine windscreen?", but not heard anything one way or the other.

I would have called them but the website was very light on phone numbers or ways to talk to actual people!!

I'll see on Friday what happens!!!

The most annoying thing is the day it happened my wife and I couldn't decide whose car to take, she has a 66 plate Scirocco GTS with lots of chips in the window from its previous owner, she said she wished we'd taken her car as she wants anew windscreen!
 :rolleyes:

Anyway will let you know how it turns out!

J.

They will put Pilkington one as mentioned previously.
They should have picked up on your comment and called you as that's what happened in my case.
01234279943 is the number you need.