Author Topic: Tyre pressure warning  (Read 4246 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Tyre pressure warning
« on: 24 October 2018, 17:55 »
Have had the tyre pressure warning come up twice in the last four days. First time was on the Tees fly over which has quite nasty gaps which make for what feels a bumpy ride. Stopped and checked tyres and could see no sign of damage and then later that night checked pressures and ask were ok. Put it down to the jolt on the suspension.
Just had the same thing tonight but on a different stretch of road but I'm sure I hit a little pot hole which then caused the pressure to ping up. Have just checked tyres and can't see anything untoward. Could it be the tyres causing this as the fronts are on about 2.7mm tread?? Have scanned the car with vcds and no errors at all with the abs system either. Anyone else had this when tyres get low on tread??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Tyre pressure warning
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2018, 18:22 »
When was the last time you set the sensors? Could be the pressures have dropped a bit with the cold weather making them close to pinging up anyway? Just a thought....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2018, 18:23 »
The only times mine has pinged is when I've swapped to winter wheels and back again.

Presumably it is telling you which wheel(s) is the cause of the issue? Have you checked tyre pressures and reset? Are all wheel balance weights still intact?

I had a tyre repaired on my Mk5 after driving over a nail when the car was only a few days old. However the repaired tyre would very slowly lose a few PSI every month or so. Is there any chance you might have a slow puncture?
7.5 GTD

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2018, 18:59 »
When it went off did it tell you what tyre was low or just a general check all of them as it does tell you the tyre that is losing pressure if there is a problem. 

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2018, 19:21 »
All tyres are checked weekly and system reset accordingly. It just shows loss of pressure detected but on the golf it doesn't tell you which tyre as it points from the abs system. Just wondering if it's because of the front tyres being nearly at end of life. Haven't had any issues at all in nearly two years of ownership.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2018, 20:20 »
Didn't have this issue when my tyres got low on tread.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2018, 20:25 »
I'll check them again and reset and see if it happens.

Offline Will2018

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2018, 22:41 »
All tyres are checked weekly and system reset accordingly. It just shows loss of pressure detected but on the golf it doesn't tell you which tyre as it points from the abs system. Just wondering if it's because of the front tyres being nearly at end of life. Haven't had any issues at all in nearly two years of ownership.

Mine told me the exact tyre when I was unlucky to have a puncture on my third day of ownership. Came up on the active info display as loss of pressure rear right tyre. Perhaps this was something that was changed on the 7.5.

Offline Patagonian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2018, 22:46 »

Mine told me the exact tyre when I was unlucky to have a puncture on my third day of ownership. Came up on the active info display as loss of pressure rear right tyre. Perhaps this was something that was changed on the 7.5.

Mine is a 2016 mk7 and also tells me which tyre

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2018, 23:02 »
Interesting Patagonian. Mines a December 2016 and all its thrown up is loss of pressure detected. Got same message twice too.