Author Topic: The Horney Love Bus.  (Read 18067 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
The Horney Love Bus.
« on: 07 March 2008, 16:04 »
Hi Folks,

Thought I may as well do a project thread for the old bus as well as the one for the golf. As with the Golf this has been a project on stupidly tight budget.

So where to start? Well when getting married me and the then future Mrs Horney™ decided we'd honeymoon round cornwall in her mini and a tent. I got made redundant 4 months before the wedding so I thought I'd blow the redundancy money on a Bay window. I quickly realised £2K was going to get me a total sh!tter. We gave up on the idea and went back to the original plan to tent it.

A few weeks later I chanced upon an Ad on Vzi and after a test drive and parting with £900 this was parked outside Chez Horney™.

1 empty 1989 T3 Panel van in baby blue with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax and only 70K on the clock with a full service history. It had already been fitted with captains seats (Moving arm rests), a slider with a window and the Merc Penta alloys. Bargain!

Pics form honeymoon:

I could waffle on about the how it developed but frankly it's all rather dull so I'll do it in bullet point.

* Made really rubbish homebrew interior that lasted 12 months and did the job
* Ripped it out and bought a used interior that was also a homebrew but made by someone who knew how to cut wood in a straight line, unlike me.
* Dropped 60mm
* Fitted Empi back box
* Refurbed the wheels myself.
* Covered it in stickers
* Went to lots of Dub shows and got very drunk in it.

So after 2 years it now looks like this:

(Interior shots a bit out of date)

She needs a bit of work this year as the dreaded tin worm is getting rampantly out of control. I'll be repainting her in the spring after sorting the grot. THinking of staying blue at the bottom but going for Old English White for the top half with some kind of surfy graffics on the side panels. The interior is now insulated but still needs properly boarding up and covering with some meterial of some sort.

Total cost so far is just shy of £2K and I have to say that it's been worth every penny. Well except the horrific fuel consumption with it being a 1.9 petrol. You buys think your ED30's and VR's a thirsty, you ain't got nothing on this bad boy!!!

Nick
« Last Edit: 18 September 2008, 12:12 by Horney »

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
Re: The Horneyâ„¢ Love Bus.
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2008, 16:12 »
looking sweet

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2008, 16:55 »
Total cost so far is just shy of £2K and I have to say that it's been worth every penny. Well except the horrific fuel consumption with it being a 1.9 petrol. You buys think your ED30's and VR's a thirsty, you ain't got nothing on this bad boy!!!

Get it Subaru-ed.

I'd offer some advice, but as has been thoroughly documented by certain people I know nothing about installing Subaru engines in T25s......
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2008, 17:58 »
I have always wanted one of these.......one day!

looking good Nick, how reliable has she been?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2008, 18:32 »

Get it Subaru-ed.

I'd offer some advice, but as has been thoroughly documented by certain people I know nothing about installing Subaru engines in T25s......

Not on my budget mate. Maybe on day in the future.

Nick

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2008, 18:33 »

That's the $64m dollar question. So far yes but you've probably jinxed it! Only thing I've had is a loose battery cable. That said I've not fired it up in 4 months so we'll see what happens this weekend when I give her a clean out and a fire up.

Nick

Dinky

« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2008, 01:16 »
love it :afro:

Dinx :kiss:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2008, 01:22 »
When are you sticking a vV6 lump in there then? ;)

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2008, 02:15 »

That's the $64m dollar question. So far yes but you've probably jinxed it! Only thing I've had is a loose battery cable. That said I've not fired it up in 4 months so we'll see what happens this weekend when I give her a clean out and a fire up.

Nick

ah sorry mate, well if it breaks down on the way to a weekender and i am there i shall get you a beer :afro:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #9 on: 09 March 2008, 07:35 »
i love this, you should get some 18"s on her! then get her decked!  :cool: look forward to some bacon at stoner!  :wink:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints