Author Topic: Keyless entry  (Read 7765 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Keyless entry
« on: 22 February 2019, 18:11 »
Hi guys,

Just read a few threads about keyless and am a little worried tbh. My Mk7 gti was stolen and had keyless, although they actually broke in to the house. Going to buy a faraday bag which I was only going to use in my house. Anyone have any experience of keyless and security?

Thanks in advance as usual.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Keyless entry
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2019, 18:44 »
Keyless is no longer an issue on the Golf 7.5, it can be disabled. Lock the car with the fob, then within 5 seconds press the keyless button/sensor on the door handle. That switches off the keyless-entry system until the next time you unlock the car with the fob. Perfect for when leaving the car overnight or if in a particularly vulnerable place.

But as default I suggest a Disklok (plus the Steering wheel protector) and a pouch.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2019, 18:52 »
Thanks! This sounds great.

I use a disklok but only while my current car is parked overnight. Ordering a faraday bag but didn’t really fancy having to carry it around with me at all times!

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2019, 21:23 »
At the end of the day it doesn't matter if it's keyless or not if the sum bags want your car they'll take it by any means and force. I've got three Faraday bags, two for home and one I keep at work. I don't use any other security.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2019, 22:38 »
My Mk7 3 door is keyless.I don't have a faraday pouch yet so i just put it in the microwave.It works just as well as a pouch.
I think performance cars like the A45 AMG,Audi RS3,etc are a bit of a  liability with the keyless option.Been looking at some ads recently, and what was once sold as a plus point is now a negative in todays market.
Good that VW have moved forward with security on this issue.I think the latest cars (like the latest Merc A class) have evolved again to close the gap on the security.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2019, 07:22 »
Wrapping aluminium kitchen foil around the key works as a temporary fix. Don’t fancy forgetting my key is in the microwave!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2019, 07:30 »
Thanks! This sounds great.

I use a disklok but only while my current car is parked overnight. Ordering a faraday bag but didn’t really fancy having to carry it around with me at all times!

Don’t forget to order a second Faraday bag as you’ll also need one for your spare / second key.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2019, 09:14 »
A very good point. 2 ordered along with a new child seat protector and an adams wash pad.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2019, 17:58 »
Keyless is no longer an issue on the Golf 7.5, it can be disabled. Lock the car with the fob, then within 5 seconds press the keyless button/sensor on the door handle. That switches off the keyless-entry system until the next time you unlock the car with the fob. Perfect for when leaving the car overnight or if in a particularly vulnerable place.

I can vouch for this. Works a treat. Thanks for the heads up KMPowell 👍👍
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2019, 21:00 »
Wrapping aluminium kitchen foil around the key works as a temporary fix. Don’t fancy forgetting my key is in the microwave!

Ha Ha!.Yeah i tried the foil thing right next to my car and it wouldn't open.Tried it in a metal biscuit box and it opened!. :undecided:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.