Author Topic: Phone Holders  (Read 1984 times)

Offline pss53

• Not said much yet
Phone Holders
« on: 18 February 2019, 14:09 »
Afternoon all,

Just wondered what you guys use in your GTI's for your phone holder (Pics appreciated)

I usually went for a genuine Samsung holder on windscreen, but pick up my GTI tonight so after ideas ! :)

Cheers in advance.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
Re: Phone Holders
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2019, 14:19 »
Afternoon all,

Just wondered what you guys use in your GTI's for your phone holder (Pics appreciated)

I usually went for a genuine Samsung holder on windscreen, but pick up my GTI tonight so after ideas ! :)

Cheers in advance.

A few of us on here have a Megamount Carbon Extended Vent Mount - £9.99  www.megamount.co.uk

Offline pss53

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2019, 14:24 »
Afternoon all,

Cheers in advance.

A few of us on here have a Megamount Carbon Extended Vent Mount - £9.99  www.megamount.co.uk

Cheers, any one got a pic of there's on it ? looks perfect for the car.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2019, 14:33 »
If you have built in nav and bluetooth, why to you need to see your phone in the car?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2019, 15:48 »

:smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline pss53

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2019, 17:10 »
If you have built in nav and bluetooth, why to you need to see your phone in the car?

Because I hate using the cup holders and hate anything in my pockets when driving ! It means I have a small hassle when I'm satisfying my coffee addiction ! :)

Cheers for photo above, I'll be buying one tonight ! :)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2019, 19:31 »
Why would you use the cup holders? Put your phone in the cubby hole behind the gear stick. It wouldn't surprise me if these become illegal to use as the temptation to touch the screen and use your phone while driving will be too much.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2019, 10:28 »
Why would you use the cup holders? Put your phone in the cubby hole behind the gear stick. It wouldn't surprise me if these become illegal to use as the temptation to touch the screen and use your phone while driving will be too much.

By that logic they'll be getting rid of stereo and heating controls too, not to mention touch screens..

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2019, 10:43 »
Turning the radio up or the temperature down is hardly the same as reading and replying to WhatsApp posts, as some people probably do.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2019, 10:59 »
It wouldn't surprise me if these become illegal to use as the temptation to touch the screen and use your phone while driving will be too much.
I did a bit of research on this last year, I discovered that if your phone is in a phone holder and you are driving/moving it's already illegal to touch it unless you are clearing a sat-nav prompt/route, and/or answering the phone. It is illegal to plug in a destination to the sat nav and or make a call, and all other functionality when the car is actually moving.

This is why manufacturers are being pushed towards Carplay/Android-auto and other fully integrated solutions which have big buttons that are easy to use and less distracting/fiddly.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.