Author Topic: Current availability and Discounts at the moment  (Read 8717 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
Re: Current availability and Discounts at the moment
« Reply #10 on: 15 February 2019, 20:19 »
Saves another £20 a month doing it that way.
You don't "save" £20 a month because you will pay that back in the interest over the term. Lower milage equals a higher balloon and a lower monthly, but a higher balloon means more interest being charged as your deferred amount is larger.

If you don't plan on handing the car back, then the best thing to do is have the milage at a realistic level or a bit higher so you pay less interest and pay off more capital each month, so when you settle early you won't be in as much negative equity.

:smiley:

Ah but that’s the whole point. I don’t settle either. At the end of the term I sell it and start all over again. It’s either that or borrow £30k over 4 years on a loan, so pcp for me is a no brainier. The mrs won’t allow savings to be spent on a depreciating asset so buying outright isn’t an option.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 15 February 2019, 20:28 »
I was quoted mid to end of April for a 3 Door with Art Velour interior and a few options- so not 6 months.
This. Since production started again after WLTP shutdown, I have not heard of any wait longer than 3months. It sounds like the dealer is trying to flog the OP a stock car to get his targets in before the 1st of March.

OP, have a look on Carwow under stock cars, there's a few new & unregistered cars knocking around with basic spec.

:)

Saves another £20 a month doing it that way.
You don't "save" £20 a month because you will pay that back in the interest over the term. Lower milage equals a higher balloon and a lower monthly, but a higher balloon means more interest being charged as your deferred amount is larger.

If you don't plan on handing the car back, then the best thing to do is have the milage at a realistic level or a bit higher so you pay less interest and pay off more capital each month, so when you settle early you won't be in as much negative equity.

:smiley:

Ah but that’s the whole point. I don’t settle either. At the end of the term I sell it and start all over again. It’s either that or borrow £30k over 4 years on a loan, so pcp for me is a no brainier. The mrs won’t allow savings to be spent on a depreciating asset so buying outright isn’t an option.
You are settling, you're settling the final payment which is a) higher on a lower milage stated agreement and b) means you've paid more interest over the term due to a higher £ being deferred.

Wether you choose to sell it isn't relevant, as you still have a final balloon to pay, which is higher due to your stated milage at the start of the agreement.

On a 5DR DSG Performance, the deferred balloon after 4yrs are currently quoted at:
5k miles a year = £12,921.30
10k miles a year =£12,269.70
15k miles a year = £10,872.90
20k miles a year = £9,576.00
25k miles a year = £8,545.50
30k miles a year = £7,515.00

So by putting your milage down as 15k a year rather than 5k means you need to pay less at the end of the term, you will also pay a lot less interest over the term, and should you need to come out of the agreement early you will have a lower settlement figure because you will have paid more capital.
« Last Edit: 15 February 2019, 20:31 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2019, 20:37 »
I get that. But £329 is approaching the upper limit of what I’m prepared to pay each month. Note I said ‘prepared to pay’ as opposed to being able to ‘afford to pay’ before anyone chimes in that you shouldn’t buy what you can’t afford. I was paying £260 for my Audi so jumping to £329 was a tough pill to swallow without adding even more on to it. On your quoted balloon figures my actual mileage is around 9k so it’s not going to make a huge amount of difference. But I do get where you’re coming from.  I don’t really care about interest or the TCO unless we’re talking massive savings. I’m paid monthly, I pay the mortgage monthly, I pay for the car monthly. The more I spend on the car, the less monthly disposable I have available to splurge on other luxuries or throw into savings.  Horses for corses.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 15 February 2019, 20:44 »
Thanks for all your replies, really appreciated. It's interesting to hear that the lead time shouldn't be 6 months, tbh I kinda thought that was bull. I had been looking at lease deals prior, as soon as I mentioned to the guy he was very anti it, saying ooh, you will most probably get stung for loads of nit picky costs when handing back. Probably just trying to sell their own stock cars which were out of budget.

I have been on car wow and have struck up a few conversations so fingers crossed with be able to sort something around the budget. I doubt I'll get a pcp deal with next to nothing depost and for 350 a month, so leasing maybe the only option. Will see tho, if they can do a good discount 15% or something, it may be doable.

I hand my TT back at the end of April so have a few months to sort something out.

Thanks again guys, looking forward to joining the club! 😁 hopefully

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 15 February 2019, 22:30 »
You don't have to order via Drive The Deal. Just use their quotation to beat down your local dealer  :wink:

Exactly what I did.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Bullfinch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 16 February 2019, 08:53 »
Can you use Carwow or drive the deal to spec out a non-standard car?  I've tried and failed to add leather upholstery into the Carwow selection.  I'm surprised that DCC isn't standard on GTI PP (I know there's only one engine spec now). 
Per VW Config my 5 door DSG in Indium Grey, with leather, DCC and 19 inch alloys is over £36k.  Of course I'm not paying that.  Trying to aim for around £31k.  Happy to get nearly new if it comes with all the options I want.
Daily: Mk7.5 GTi PP DSG, Weekend: 911 997 Gen 2 Carrera 4S

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 16 February 2019, 09:11 »
You don't have to order via Drive The Deal. Just use their quotation to beat down your local dealer  :wink:

Exactly what I did.

Me too, but using CarWow.  Got the price best to buy, and the best valuation on my current car and presented both to a couple of local dealers - one of them was miles away in terms of both discount and valuation, the other made the deal.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 16 February 2019, 09:15 »

Exactly what I did.

👍
7.5 GTD

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2019, 09:20 »
Can you use Carwow or drive the deal to spec out a non-standard car?  I've tried and failed to add leather upholstery into the Carwow selection.  I'm surprised that DCC isn't standard on GTI PP (I know there's only one engine spec now). 
Per VW Config my 5 door DSG in Indium Grey, with leather, DCC and 19 inch alloys is over £36k.  Of course I'm not paying that.  Trying to aim for around £31k.  Happy to get nearly new if it comes with all the options I want.

Yes you can do this on both sites.

On Carwow step 4 if 5 after you've chosen a car is the 'customise your car' and there is an option in blue font just above the green button 'choose add-ons'.

On Drive The Deal, after you've picked your model all the options are listed, you just tick the box for the ones you want.
7.5 GTD

Offline Bullfinch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 16 February 2019, 09:45 »
Thanks.  Drive the deal site worked really well. Gave me a price of £31,083 so I know what to tout around the local dealers.
Daily: Mk7.5 GTi PP DSG, Weekend: 911 997 Gen 2 Carrera 4S