Author Topic: Current availability and Discounts at the moment  (Read 8712 times)

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
Current availability and Discounts at the moment
« on: 15 February 2019, 18:41 »
Hey guys, first post here so sorry if this isnt in the correct section  :undecided:

Just been for a test drive of a mk7.5 pp DSG and loved it!

Spec wise what id like is DSG, white, Brescia wheels. Nothing crazy spec wise.

So a couple of things, firstly the dealership said im looking at a 6 month wait for a new build with that spec!
But they had a couple in stock they could get their hands on but with slightly different spec, one with pearlescent paint, and tinted windows. To which he said they could take 10% off, which is unheard of, but couldnt get anywhere near £350-£370 per month on a PCP deal, which is my budget.

Am i mad to think that id get the spec i want for around that figure, with minimal deposit? im sure ive seen on here people getting bigger discounts than that.

Also, i need the car beginning of may, so a 6 months wait is out of the question.

Any help would be great :)

Offline jlwhitworth1

• Not said much yet
Re: Current availability and Discounts at the moment
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2019, 18:56 »
Have you thought about leasing? I’m sure you could get one for your budget. And the only option you are adding is brescias so may add about £20 a month to the advertised price

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2019, 19:05 »
There are some cracking lease deals around £250pm. I thought about them when I was looking. Discount wise I got £6k off an R. You can get around 15% off if you’re willing to look around.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2019, 19:05 »
Have you asked Drive The Deal or Carwow for a quote?

Drive The Deal are offering almost 17% off list price.
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2019, 19:09 »
I spoke with DTD at weekend. At least 3 month wait. My dealer had availability so should only wait 3 weeks. Something to consider.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2019, 19:12 »
You don't have to order via Drive The Deal. Just use their quotation to beat down your local dealer  :wink:
7.5 GTD

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2019, 19:15 »
Discount before Xmas was 15%+
Discount since the turn of the new year has reduced to circa 5-10% and are reducing the further we get towards summer.

Re your monthly - with 10% discount the numbers look like this on your factory order spec:

Golf 5-door GTI Performance, DSG, Solid Paint and Brescias
Base price with 10% discount applied = £28,336.50
+ Options - £600
+ VED - £205
+ OTR Costs - £690
= Total OTR £29,831.50

Over 4yrs and 10k miles per annum.
Deposit - £0
47x £436.72pcm
1x £12,269.70

For every £1000 in or out of the deal (whether that be your deposit or more discount) you add or minus roughly £27 to the pcm. So to get to your £370 you would need to put in c£2500 deposit. The car with pearl paint and tints is c£1000 more expensive than your factory order spec, so on paper your monthly cost will be £27 per month more i.e. circa £462pcm with zero deposit.

Given you aren't ticking any options, have a look at leasing, but they will require a larger upfront payment of circa £2000+.

HTH  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2019, 19:48 »
I ordered early Jan. Being built next week, delivery mid March. Isaac Blue, Brescias and DynAudio. £3k down and £329 p/m (x47).  I stated 5k annual miles even though I’ll do double that. No one ever pays the surcharge unless the cars handed back at the end. I always sell privately or to another dealer before end of the term. Saves another £20 a month doing it that way. But as someone said, there are some good lease deals again at the moment so that may be worth a look.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 February 2019, 20:03 »
Saves another £20 a month doing it that way.
You don't "save" £20 a month because you will pay that back in the interest over the term. Lower milage equals a higher balloon and a lower monthly, but a higher balloon means more interest being charged as your deferred amount is larger.

If you don't plan on handing the car back, then the best thing to do is have the milage at a realistic level or a bit higher so you pay less interest and pay off more capital each month, so when you settle early you won't be in as much negative equity.

:smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 15 February 2019, 20:07 »
Hi there ... when looking about 2 weeks ago I was quoted mid to end of April for a 3 Door with Art Velour interior and a few options- so not 6 months.

There certainly seems to be a decent level of stock about but it’s selling - cars with non Parker wheels and non standard interior being a bit harder to find.

I would have thought a discount in the 15% margin should be achievable
2018 |Isaac Blue GTI| 3 Door |Manual |Art Velour| Bresicas
2018 | Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
2005 | Graphite Blue Mk V GTi- long gone but not forgotten