Author Topic: Going extraordinary lengths for things.  (Read 16251 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Going extraordinary lengths for things.
« Reply #90 on: 25 February 2019, 09:49 »
By the time you sell your original cherry red lights it makes it a very cheap mod.

Next up for me will be CSS rear muffler mod and gloss black rear valance. I'd love a CS spoiler but apparently they don't fit... anyone had a go?

See what you mean about the reduced cost. Never realised the lights were different but slightly darker is nice. Think the new GTI dynamic ones looks darker but not ensure if there are different versions.

Nice video of a CD+S S exhaust on a GTI at 1.00 min..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRiTcp2dZ5E
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 25 February 2019, 23:38 »
By the time you sell your original cherry red lights it makes it a very cheap mod.

Next up for me will be CSS rear muffler mod and gloss black rear valance. I'd love a CS spoiler but apparently they don't fit... anyone had a go?

From what I’ve read, fitting a CS rear spoiler to a GTI it isn’t a straightforward job. Apparently, the Clubsport uses the tailgate from the ‘standard’ Golf, which is different to the one on the GTI. So to fit the Clubsport rear spoiler to the GTI would involve changing the tailgate as well.

That's what I found too, I wanted to modify my mk7.5 into a Clubsport, looked at the work involved, spoke to a guy in Scotland who had done it really well... and then I bought a Clubsport!

If you want a car that looks and sounds like a CS, the best thing to do is buy a CS!  :grin:

You got a spare £10k I could borrow. And when I say borrow I mean keep. 🤑😂

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 26 February 2019, 10:35 »

From what I’ve read, fitting a CS rear spoiler to a GTI it isn’t a straightforward job. Apparently, the Clubsport uses the tailgate from the ‘standard’ Golf, which is different to the one on the GTI. So to fit the Clubsport rear spoiler to the GTI would involve changing the tailgate as well.

That's what I found too, I wanted to modify my mk7.5 into a Clubsport, looked at the work involved, spoke to a guy in Scotland who had done it really well... and then I bought a Clubsport!

If you want a car that looks and sounds like a CS, the best thing to do is buy a CS!  :grin:

You got a spare £10k I could borrow. And when I say borrow I mean keep. 🤑😂

:grin: :grin: :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey