Author Topic: Keyless access system faulty  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
Keyless access system faulty
« on: 27 February 2021, 18:08 »
Getting this error message today... and yeah keyless not working. Any tips for clearing without a dealer visit, which I’m sure will be expensive . 2016 Gti. Obviously I can use the fob but the warning light is annoying. .. and I for one quite like keyless.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Keyless access system faulty
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2021, 19:06 »
Looks like there may be an easy fix for you, fingers crossed...

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/15738-how-to-fix-your-kessy-when-it-stops-working/

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2021, 19:23 »
Here’s hoping .. I kinda tried the first one earlier but was in a rush and think I pressed the wrong button, well I hope so as it didn’t work. Will try again tomorrow.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2021, 17:58 »
So .. I unlocked it with the remote today to move it to wash.. noticed the warning symbol wasn’t there , thought , brilliant it’s fixed itself! Just went out to move it back and it opened keyless, great, then the warning bong sounded and the message popped up . Tried the combo suggested in the link above , no joy unfortunately. Any other ideas anyone?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2021, 18:43 »
I think you need to get a fault reader and see if a fault is logged. There are a number of potential issues.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2021, 18:49 »
Something like a carista? I loath to spend a lot as haven’t any mods or anything I want to make..

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2021, 19:26 »
Understandable, I suppose it's all down to whether you want to deal with it yourself or not.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2021, 19:30 »
Well it’s out of warranty so worth a look and an idea before I potentially have to take it somewhere I guess. Will search the posts relating to carista and obd11.  Cheers

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 02 March 2021, 11:04 »
Haven’t yet ordered obdeleven. But I think it might be the drivers side antenna. The light on the key fob blinks when I try open or close the passenger door (it flickers by boot catch, boot sometimes opens) but no light on the fob when I try to open/close  drivers door keyless.
So I guess I now need to discover whether a new antenna and fitting is a diy job and if it is whether I would still need obdeleven to clear the fault. If anyone has any thoughts I’d be very grateful.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC