Author Topic: Tanks_mk2 - mk1 trackcar  (Read 7568 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Tanks_mk2 - mk1 trackcar
« on: 25 May 2006, 20:18 »
Another car?!  :tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline TanK_VW

• Here all the time
Re: Tanks_mk2 - mk1 trackcar
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2006, 13:30 »
Thanks again JV

If anyone want to leave me any comments  ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=41172.0

Below is the planed look for my Mk1 Project. (love playing on the dubmodder site  :nerd:)

I have decided that i am never going to have the fastest car on the road, and if i did i am more than likely going to either kill myself of lose my license.  So i have got my old Mk1 1.0 ltr back off my mate.  after a bit of thinking i decided to have a bit of fun and try doing something i think i can do.  The plan is to build a little track car on a budget.  Its not going to be a animal, but it will hopefully be fun to build and a bit of fun to play with.

My mate and I will be doing this together, thankfully he has just recently started his new job as a mechanic, so we have the tools, he has the knowledge and i have the dream.

I have no fix plans yet, but i were going to sort out the handling, up-rate the brake and put a bigger engine in. not sure what the best engine is. but i am thinking either

1.6 or 1.8 drive with some nice carbs
or Mk2 1.8 8v
or maybe a G40 (if i can find one)

All i have to do now is wait for some sun to come so i can go strip the golf. (got to find somewhere to keep it yet)
« Last Edit: 26 May 2006, 13:38 by Tanks_Mk2 »