Author Topic: whiteee - "Bunni" the retro mk1 (RESIZED SMALLER IMAGES!)  (Read 15258 times)

Offline whiteee

• Not said much yet
Re: whiteee - "Bunni" the retro mk1 (RESIZED SMALLER IMAGES!)
« Reply #10 on: 13 April 2005, 12:57 »
Been searching eBay and classifieds and scrappies for a passenger door and tailgate - not had much luck (due to overpriced, not wishing to ship, poor quality - local scrapyard sed they had one in mint condition just needed repainting... well it was green and orange with mold n rust... few lil dings... piece o sh!te!)

Eventually found one of each - tailgate almost completely rust free, will give it a wash and a brillo should look great, has a small ding from storage i think otherwise great. Door not brilliant, no rust just needs a small amount of work. But bought here on the island so saved money in shipping/collecting (not cheap cos of ferry) so a lil more work isnt to bad a thing. Will get pics next time im up the farm.

Not alot else done, filled both wings... may look excessive from pics but its a very light skim of filler most of which will end up on the floor of the barn. Its the same technique i will be using on most of the car... good or bad i dunno but we shall see in time!

Whiteee

Offline whiteee

• Not said much yet
Re: whiteee - "Bunni" the retro mk1 (RESIZED SMALLER IMAGES!)
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2008, 00:27 »
WOW! a long time since i been on here... story goes... had problems with corrado, sold it - had the red mk2 sorted it for MOT enjoyed driving it and then sold it to step dad, used work van - was real busy and lil bunni got neglected. I had the wings fitted and ready to paint but she was in a sorry state...

Then i went and got a job in europe, i have spent my time working in slovenia and around italy until recently returning home with BAD BAD BACK!

Anyway - a friend of a friend has taken bunni and using her as a resto to help alongside his 16v mk1 so she wont be wasted!

I now have a VW T4 Van... not quite a GTI but its the 2.5TDI and work has already comenced on her - 18 inch wheels, new lights all round, ditched the security grills and roof rack. Debadged grill and suspension to fit when my body allows... respray after etc etc...

I will get some pics of the MK1 when i can - oh next car will be another vw too - either a lil polo/golf for girlfriend or just a nice lil mk3/mk4 gti or a corrado again. Just a cheap runaround for me to use in this country I was thinking but why buy a 1.4 when i could have a 2L 16v or a 1.8T!
Whiteee