Author Topic: Remote Controlled Hobby  (Read 2941 times)

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
Remote Controlled Hobby
« on: 24 April 2018, 19:01 »
Hey Guy's

Today I joined the ranks of the RC world, not Copters or Drones but instead I bought a nice 1/10 Electric Brushless Drift car  :laugh: It's a hoot and you need "mad skilz" to keep the damn thing under control, it's very quick.

Anyone else have any RC hobbies ?

Here's a few photos.

« Last Edit: 24 April 2018, 19:03 by JasonGTD »
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Remote Controlled Hobby
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2018, 20:41 »
My parents very kindly bought me a Tamiya Terra Scorcher for Christmas when I was a kid. I remember it was great fun for the 15 or so minutes the battery pack lasted for. Have they got any better?
7.5 GTD

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2018, 20:50 »
My parents very kindly bought me a Tamiya Terra Scorcher for Christmas when I was a kid. I remember it was great fun for the 15 or so minutes the battery pack lasted for. Have they got any better?

Yeah you can get about an hour out a decent battery.

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2018, 21:09 »
Ken Block.

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2018, 11:06 »
Nice of you to call me that, but I'm not that good yet.  :grin: :grin:

Offline cossiegaz82

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2018, 16:23 »
I used to race 1/10 scale off road electric buggies at national level until I started college/work and got into real cars.

I tried 1/10 scale saloons (on road) for a while but I just didn't enjoy it, just found it boring!

Still got all my race cars, Schumacher Cougar 2000 (my first 2wd race car), Schumacher Cat 2000 E.C 4wd with pretty much every factory upgrade available, Team Associated RC10 B2 2wd and an ex Schumacher works team SST 2000 scale saloon with literally every trick bit you could get for it.

I briefly raced a Tenth Technology Predator but found it to be too unreliable and fragile.

Of course all these cars now are outdated compared to what's out there now but this was 20 years ago! Lol!

All the batteries and motors we used to run will be well out of date now, we never had brushless motors and all that!

I had quite a few Tamiya cars before which got me started but they weren't competitive at all as race cars though.

I'll try and find some pics  :cool:

Offline cossiegaz82

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2018, 16:43 »
Cat 2000 EC:

RC10 B2:

SST 2000:

Cougar 2000:

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2018, 16:49 »
I used to race 1/10 scale off road electric buggies at national level until I started college/work and got into real cars.

I tried 1/10 scale saloons (on road) for a while but I just didn't enjoy it, just found it boring!

Still got all my race cars, Schumacher Cougar 2000 (my first 2wd race car), Schumacher Cat 2000 E.C 4wd with pretty much every factory upgrade available, Team Associated RC10 B2 2wd and an ex Schumacher works team SST 2000 scale saloon with literally every trick bit you could get for it.

I briefly raced a Tenth Technology Predator but found it to be too unreliable and fragile.

Of course all these cars now are outdated compared to what's out there now but this was 20 years ago! Lol!

All the batteries and motors we used to run will be well out of date now, we never had brushless motors and all that!

I had quite a few Tamiya cars before which got me started but they weren't competitive at all as race cars though.

I'll try and find some pics  :cool:

Epic mate, love the photo's. It's amazing how fast these are now, mine is rated at 30 mph I think it is, mental lol.

Great fun all in all.