Author Topic: Radio Problems  (Read 1587 times)

Offline ClairL

• Just got here
Radio Problems
« on: 05 March 2018, 10:39 »
Hi there - I have a TDI S 11 plate. The radio unit is just a standard one with no AUX or Bluetooth. does anyone know what model of radio I would need to purchase and if it is possible to have an aux / bluetooth one? Thanks!

Online Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Radio Problems
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2018, 15:21 »
What radio problems are you having? Is it definitely the head unit, or might it be something else, e.g. aerial, speakers etc?

If you're after a brand new like for like replacement unit they can be expensive if purchased from VW. Many cheaper options available from the likes of Halfords if you're after Bluetooth & aux in, but you will lose OEM appearance.

If I remember correctly, yours will be an RCD210 or RCD310 unit. EBay will have some used and reconditioned, perhaps the odd brand new one, but beware units with dubious sounding origins or fake looking units from places like Hong Kong, China etc.

The only compatible VW units can think of that had Bluetooth built in were the RNS310 & RNS315 units that also come with sat nav, but they can cost mega money.

Maybe try places such as Hazzydayz or Advanced in Car systems as a bit of research.

Good luck.
7.5 GTD

Online Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Radio Problems
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2018, 16:00 »
Oh, just one other thing. If you're wanting Bluetooth for phone connectivity as opposed to music streaming, I don't recall whether S models have multi-function steering wheel or microphone fitted. May be wise to give that some thought before parting with any cash, otherwise you'll end up with limited functionality.
7.5 GTD