Author Topic: MK4 health  (Read 906 times)

Offline Ze german

• Not said much yet
MK4 health
« on: 28 May 2013, 18:17 »
Hi guys i have recently got a 53 plate golf gti 180 hp 4 door which has only covered 35,000 miles with a full vw service history. The car drives like a dream and i was just really after some info on known things i should look out for or replace as i know the car is 10 years old now and although not modified i would like it to be super reliable as is my daily driver   :smiley: any help much appreciated

Offline pickles

• I live here
  • Next!!!
Re: MK4 health
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2013, 19:27 »
weirdos on here i tell you ;)
mk4 golf 1.8T, AGU, CAI, Forge007p DV,TIP,Decat, Bilsteins with Koni springs dropped 40mm
Mapped

Nearly S3 time  :)

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2013, 19:39 »
Keep regular serviced... dont boot it when its cold..let turbo cool down end of journeys and will last you as long as you want it to mate :wink:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

Offline Ze german

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2013, 16:02 »
Keep regular serviced... dont boot it when its cold..let turbo cool down end of journeys and will last you as long as you want it to mate :wink:
Great that is what i had hoped , had a mk2 gti 16v when i was 18 and i had it till 160,000miles on the odometer and the engine was strong and running well so hoped the infamous german build quality had not deteriorated  :smiley:

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2013, 17:56 »
Great that is what i had hoped , had a mk2 gti 16v when i was 18 and i had it till 160,000miles on the odometer and the engine was strong and running well so hoped the infamous german build quality had not deteriorated  :smiley:

The new they get more bullsh1t sensors they put in.. other then that there still strong :grin:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!